Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you're choosing STR over Double Attack or Triple Attack, you are failing hard. There is nothing you can possibly say to justify it other than you don't truly understand how either STR or Double/Triple Attack contributes to your damage.
    (1)

Player
    Did I miss something about damage calculations where stacking str at capped fstr started beating DA, or did someone just completely ignore the math on it. You really should stop eyeballing, and if you're that adamant about not using 3rd party software, find someone who will test for you it's really not hard to see that stacking Str especially in abyssea is not as effective as you somehow think it is compared to DA/TA gear (although admittedly mnk only has ~1 piece of the latter unless I missed something).
    (1)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    lol, i have the feeling I could embarrass this guy w/ my 100 marksmanship, evisceration cor
    (1)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    I guess trying to help out people is pointless, oh well. You guys, go for your DA/TA bonus' lol!

Me, I'm gonna stick w/ STR + haste, I've tried it, tested it, and for 7 years, I still haven't hit any damage cap/limitation, even in abyssea w/ over 200 STR on offer, and still find the DoT is better with more STR than any kind of DA bonus.

I haven't ever made any charts on this, nor had 3rd party software log my results, but I have tested out different options. Everything from substituting acc for Dex, Str for Att, and trying out various setups for TP build and WS builds.

My finds are simple, gear to the haste cap, the acc cap, and fill everything else with STR. then you can sit back and watch SAM's cry. If you guys wanna go for DA, feel free.... lol.
    I'm not sure who your trying to help or why your so stuck on your str statement.
    Math does not lie. Are you just not good at math? Its done for you, you just have to look at the results.
    You can use all the str you want. Trying to get other people to follow your ideas are what we care about.

I guess this statement explains alot about you: "then you can sit back and watch SAM's cry"
    not going to point out all that is wrong with that.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    lol, i have the feeling I could embarrass this guy w/ my 100 marksmanship, evisceration cor
    I probably could out DD him on rdm or pld...
    (0)

Mojo, I've tested and found that reducing STR from 82 to 77 costs me 40~50 points of dmg per hit on a level 70~ish mob (Yagudo Assasin, Castle Oztroja).

But looking at your graph... shouldn't the Yagudo Assasin therefore have over 200 VIT? Realistic?

As for Hits vs DMG, a loss of 40~50 dmg is 400~500 dmg lost every 10 hits, we can attack up to a limit of 8 hits per round, my average number of hits per round is 5, without DA modifiers.

So in 2 rounds I cut 5 STR from my gear, and lose 400~500 DMG, if I had put DA+1 in that same spot, it might raise my average number of hits to 6 or 7, therefore still losing DMG, but only 200~400 DMG

So where is the gain? It's much like the promised gains of Att instead of STR, it raises the potential, but never delivers.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Mojo, I've tested and found that reducing STR from 82 to 77 costs me 40~50 points of dmg per hit on a level 70~ish mob (Yagudo Assasin, Castle Oztroja).

But looking at your graph... shouldn't the Yagudo Assasin therefore have over 200 VIT? Realistic?

As for Hits vs DMG, a loss of 40~50 dmg is 400~500 dmg lost every 10 hits, we can attack up to a limit of 8 hits per round, my average number of hits per round is 5, without DA modifiers.

So in 2 rounds I cut 5 STR from my gear, and lose 400~500 DMG, if I had put DA+1 in that same spot, it might raise my average number of hits to 6 or 7, therefore still losing DMG, but only 200~400 DMG

So where is the gain? It's much like the promised gains of Att instead of STR, it raises the potential, but never delivers.
    This is why we don't eyeball things, how large was your sample size?
    (1)

Well, about 13 days, 4/5 hours a day, 16 minute respawn, so yeah, a lot of Yag's dead, people tried to tell me DA is good before, it was actually the same people that told me att is better than str lol.

Test the graphs and the math, 80% is just theory, because SE haven't actually released any of the math the game actually uses, the only math we have confirmed, is the math taken from reverse-engineering the game, or in otherwords, hacking.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Stacking STR isn't effective anywhere anymore, Abyssea or not. Non Verethragna 90 MNK (assuming a base STR of 82+5 from merits) will need 4 less STR to cap fSTR, which means 109 VIT on the mob. 90 Spharai MNKs will need 4 more, so 101 VIT on the mob. A level 90 monster with A rank VIT in type, job, and subjob will still only have 93 VIT (this type of mob doesn't even exist and I think Vrtra/Tiamat/Jorm are the only non Abyssea mobs higher than 90 anyways.) Yeah, stuff like that simply just doesn't exist.
    (1)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Well, about 13 days, 4/5 hours a day, 16 minute respawn, so yeah, a lot of Yag's dead, people tried to tell me DA is good before, it was actually the same people that told me att is better than str lol.

Test the graphs and the math, 80% is just theory, because SE haven't actually released any of the math the game actually uses, the only math we have confirmed, is the math taken from reverse-engineering the game, or in otherwords, hacking.
    I would like to see your tp set.
    (0)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast