Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Meteor Feedback

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Comet
    I meant an AoE version of that "line" meant for a solo BLM. Comet obviously isn't AoE. Meteor obviously isn't for a solo BLM either. Meteor's viewed by some as an "AoE" version of Comet, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Since this spell does absurd amount of damage 60-80k no doubt it will be extremely hard to obtain. If they're making Arise 'extremely difficult to obtain such that only a few WHMs will have it" then I can almost guarantee they will make Meteor hard to get because 60-80k damage ever 8-9 minutes is probably more broken than Arise can be.
    Arise isn't even broken. It's just a nifty spell that's different. If it granted no weakness and full HP, then, yes, it would be broken IMHO.

Honestly, I'm not sure. If they want people to be able to experience Meteor the way it's intended to be used, it can't be TOO difficult. The damage would imply it would be, yes, and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up that way. Also since it's non-elemental, and the reality that not many BLM will have a Laevateinn, let alone do one, it'll be slightly weaker than we are discovering, as we all know MAB+60 on one item is "huge". I don't see it doing 60-80k when it hits the live servers, and some tests I've read have involved a few 99 Laevateinns. I'd say a more "realistic" test would involve grabbing the lv99 INT/MAB staves, as they'd be more common than even Dorjes. Heck, even Maleficus, as much as wearing one to nuke in makes me shudder as a serious BLM. Personal stigma against the sight of it, I guess.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 03-12-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I meant an AoE version of that "line" meant for a solo BLM. Comet obviously isn't AoE. Meteor obviously isn't for a solo BLM either.
    The Ja spells function the same as comet and are AoE. The might not be the damage type you want, but the point is these spells are AoE and can be used solo and have the "successive use enhances potency" on them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Slib View Post
    have another black mage.
    not sure who aimed at but i use blm on both main and test server. My server is levi. and don't have Meteor cause rarely do VW but on test server i have it and GREAT skill *Grins* character name is Pyame so hit me up tonight if your on.
    (1)

Character
    Perdition
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Sounds like blm got screwed, again.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    At least make this spell worth something if used solo, give it a lil more cast time but up the dmg!
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yeah, if your getting fail numbers on this, your kung fu is not strong..... Gear, skill, etc.... It's not far off my thunder 5's, 2,950-3150s..on elements in sky (don't ask or I will kill you) but comet will usually do a good 2,800.... (Make that manawell useful)....
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3