Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1097] Newly Added Control Config, Please Fix the Xbox 360 Controller.*

Thank's so much for tweaking the keyboard.

I would like to suggest, Could you please tweak the Xbox 360 controller.

A.)

I've noticed that these buttons on the Xbox 360 controller don't work with Final Fantasy XI, Personally I don't use the Xbox 360 for playing Final Fantasy XI, But this might make a few people happy.

A.) Z ax L and Z ax R doesn't not work with Final Fantasy XI. Could you please look into this and maybe fix it, Thanks for your time Dev's!
    (33)
    Last edited by Krashport; 03-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    These don't work because the Windows driver treats them as a single analog axis (they are meant to be used with DRIVING games as GAS/BRAKE pedals...) and FFXI expects digital buttons for the macro buttons. I suggest you use the BACK and START buttons for these functions.

Or you can install a 3rd party driver for the XBOX360 controller and that driver has the option of making LT and RT work as DIGITAL buttons. Good luck
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Agree 100% with this thread.

That said, for now you can use XBCD to get 'em working with FFXI. I'm sure there is another as well.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    These don't work because the Windows driver treats them as a single analog axis (they are meant to be used with DRIVING games as GAS/BRAKE pedals...) and FFXI expects digital buttons for the macro buttons. I suggest you use the BACK and START buttons for these functions.

Or you can install a 3rd party driver for the XBOX360 controller and that driver has the option of making LT and RT work as DIGITAL buttons. Good luck
    Or FFXI can just add support for Microsoft's xinput.dll API which is the official means of interfacing with 360 controllers, and it bypasses the stuff the Control Panel has for the controller.
    (8)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Or FFXI can just add support for Microsoft's xinput.dll API which is the official means of interfacing with 360 controllers, and it bypasses the stuff the Control Panel has for the controller.
    Actually, that's how the XBOX360 version works, no ?

It's up to the devs, then... But you can still use an high end Logitech pad which is 1000 times better than a XBOX360 pad...
    (1)

Player
    What's the point of buying another controller for a specific game when the one you already own is more than good enough for the job?

The excuses are stupid, and it wouldn't kill the devs to spend two hours implementing the API within their existing controller config menu. Not everyone has the know-how to install the 3rd-party controller drivers, and most of them tend to also muck up official GFW controller support on top of that.
    (12)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    they should be able to implement the support for Microsoft's xinput.dll API, its not like they dont know how to do it, it was the only supported API in XIV at the last time I checked a few months ago, besides xinput is faster than directx so they should consider it anyway
    (4)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They really need to fix this. Having to install unsigned drivers just to get a decent controller to work is a very bad thing.

On a side note: Has anyone gotten PS3 controllers to work reliably with FFXI on the PC? I hate the idea of spending $40 on a new controller, but I would do it to have a wireless controller that doesn't suck (I'm looking at you Logitech).
    (6)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    Actually, that's how the XBOX360 version works, no ?

It's up to the devs, then... But you can still use an high end Logitech pad which is 1000 times better than a XBOX360 pad...
    there was a time I would have agreed with you but the fact the logitech controllers that are better than theXBOX360 pad come at a considerably higher cost and do not take as much of a beating as the XBOX360 pad does have changed that opinion considerably, for me its xbox360 wireless pad, logitech wireless trackball mouse and keyboard, logitech can keep their controllers

for XI I use a DirectX driver from a Japanese dev that windows 7 sees as signed and for almost everything else the default MS driver
    (1)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 08-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There's a simple solution...

Get a $5-10 adaptor, plug your good old ps2 controller in.

Problem solved. Works easy, rumble, analog sticks and everything. XI was designed for that controller too, and the 360's triggers and d-pad are crap for this game.
    (2)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast