And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    As much as I am used to not having those buttons. It would be nice to be able to use them without resorting to unsigned driver software. Make it happen SE!
    (0)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Mini bump! More love needed for this thread
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Wipes
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    BUMP BUMP BUMP! this needs to be sorted!
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    They really need to fix this. Having to install unsigned drivers just to get a decent controller to work is a very bad thing.

On a side note: Has anyone gotten PS3 controllers to work reliably with FFXI on the PC? I hate the idea of spending $40 on a new controller, but I would do it to have a wireless controller that doesn't suck (I'm looking at you Logitech).
    There's a program that lets you assign a driver to let ps3 controller work if attached through its charging wire. It's what I use since my 360 controller died lol. I think it even lets you sync it wirelessly if your computer has Bluetooth. The name eludes me at the moment. I think I just googled for it. ****Edit. Found it. http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-...oller-on-a-pc/ Edit again: Guess I should see if I read the last page or not lol. Oh well bump I guess. -.-
    (0)
    Last edited by Infidi; 01-09-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    Would really like to see this sorted. Getting the Xbox drivers that let you assign the triggers as analog buttons is a pain to get to work with Windows 7/8 signed drivers feature.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They're trying to tell you to use the keyboard, which is a superior input device anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They're trying to tell you to use the keyboard, which is a superior input device anyway.
    I'm a PC gamer and the only thing I feel like keyboard/mouse is better for is FPS/strategy/other first person games. When playing platformers, RPG's, racing games, 3rd person action games, etc controller always feels more "right".
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by odericko View Post
    I'm a PC gamer and the only thing I feel like keyboard/mouse is better for is FPS/strategy/other first person games. When playing platformers, RPG's, racing games, 3rd person action games, etc controller always feels more "right".
    For me it comes down to the simple fact that even an ordinary keyboard (many gaming keyboards have lots more) has 100+ buttons. It may be bulkier than a gamepad, but it offers far more functionality. FFXI does not require precision analog movement for anything, thus I don't need analog sticks. the new UI coming soon will solve the problem of the mouse input being totally terrible and useless in this game (at least, I hope). Moving with the mouse in XI is 8-directional rather than analog, it's a really clunky system that makes the mouse useless. If it were improved, I would be using both mouse and keyboard, not just the mouse.

I should point out that XI uses first and third person perspective, which falls under what you say a keyboard and mouse is better for.

"feel" is a very subjective term. Functionality is a lot more important to me than "feel."
    (0)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast