Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Monk Ideas

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Some of that stuff would make MNK more broken than what it is at the moment. I like the wraps idea, simply because we should be allowed some sort of sub weapon option.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    didnt make it past the nin part before i said WAT?! ok you must be miss using your monk or not geared correctly , with 26%+ haste hear and merits you should be swinging damn near constantly on any attack round over 3 hits, add a brd or rdm for haste and its over. ive had perma 100fist monk since 75 what are you talking about?
    Well to answer your question aside from not having Black Belt I was very well geared at 75, but this is irrelevent because a few mnks in my shell had BB before level cap raise and watching them in action I know your full of crap with your statement, near full time Hundred fists at 75 with only full haste and merits, which btw no mnk merits increase speed, ya thats a bs claim right there. Now the part about the brd would bring you closer if you had brd and whm to cap haste on you, or faith's, which I know are near hundred fists with just 2hr brd songs and whm haste. As for my original comment and your claim you see Nin's nowadays are near hundred fists speed without all those super buffs, hell they are amazing to watch with just whm haste imagine throwin brd in on that. Mnk should be as you claim, hell if things go as they are a pup with fully upgraded Kenkonken will be faster than mnks, and thats just wrong, mnk should have the fastest attack speed period.
    (0)

Do you even know how Hundred Fists works?

Hundred Fists just sets your Delay Reduction total to cap, or -80%. This means you have 20% of your effective starting delay. It's not that NIN gets "more Haste", they simply have a lower delay to start with. To add to this, Dual Wield's delay reduction is counted against their total Delay Reduction.

All things considered, MNK is able to take advantage of significantly more Haste than NIN because of this. After receiving Haste Spell and Marches, with capped Gear Haste, a NIN is at -80% Delay Reduction. A MNK is not, and is able to receive even more Haste from Haste Samba.

Either way, with both jobs at -80% Delay, a MNK is going to attack faster. It just takes more Haste for MNK to reach the -80% Delay, and that is a good thing.

A = KTNx2 Delay (Kannani+Kamome) = 390
    B = H2H Delay = 480

A < B, Nin in this pre-Job Trait bubble attacks faster

A' = KTNx2 Dual Wield Adjustment = 253.5
    B' = H2H Martial Art/Weapon Adjustment (Verethragna) = 331

A < B, NIN with no gear or buffs attacks faster

A" = KTN, 25% Gear Haste and 10 DW Gear = 160.875
    B" = H2H, 25% Gear Haste = 248.25

A < B, NIN attacks faster

A"' = KTN, 43.5% MHaste, 25% GHaste, +0 DW = 79.85, Capped Delay Reduction. It will not go lower.
    B"' = H2H, 43.5% MHaste, 25%GHaste = 104.265

A < B, NIN attacks faster

A"" = KTN, 43.5% MHaste, 25% GHaste, +0DW, 10% JAHaste = 79.85, Still Capped. Won't budge. NIN cannot benefit from a DNC when they have Marches. Huge amount of wasted offensive potential here.
    B"" = H2H, 43.5% MHaste, 25% GHaste, 10% JAHaste = 71.165, 78.5% Delay Reduction. Nearly 2hr speed.

B < A, MNK attacks faster.

Don't be jealous of NIN. Their DW trait makes their Delay reduction start strong, but caps them too quickly. Once a BRD and DNC are both in the picture, not only will MNK attack faster, but it will absolutely destroy NIN's Damage.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Monk needs nothing new. Sure, something to fit into the sub-weapon slot to give small stat bonus would be nice, but Monk doesn't need an ability to tank. Counterstance has always worked fine regardless of the Defense penalties, but back in the day...we just subbed Ninja anyways. Some still do, even in Abyssea, but that's more for Yellow proc.

The point of the matter is Monk is fine with their current abilities. If you are wanting to enhance it's defensive that much, all you need are the enhancements to Guard rate really.

So as far as Monk ideas go...Wristwraps and Guarding rate adjustments is all that needs work.
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Monk needs nothing new.

The point of the matter is Monk is fine with their current abilities.
    At present this is true, and I acknowledged this in my opening statement. The situation we face today is not a case of "not needing anything new"; it is inevitable that we WILL be getting new things as we approach level 99 and beyond, as will all the other jobs. (Plus, we saw additions even after reaching the 75 cap and there is no reason to expect anything less of the 99 cap plateau.)

The only question is, what would Monks want added? I've given my answer above so SE has some idea of what one career monk would like to see, rather than having them flying blind and adding things without our input.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    At present this is true, and I acknowledged this in my opening statement. The situation we face today is not a case of "not needing anything new"; it is inevitable that we WILL be getting new things as we approach level 99 and beyond, as will all the other jobs. (Plus, we saw additions even after reaching the 75 cap and there is no reason to expect anything less of the 99 cap plateau.)

The only question is, what would Monks want added? I've given my answer above so SE has some idea of what one career monk would like to see, rather than having them flying blind and adding things without our input.
    I just want the job left alone, outside of a boost to the skilling of Guard, until we hit 99. Then look at how the job fits into the whole. I think some of the suggestions, at this point of the game, would over-power Monk compared to other jobs. However, at 99, that may no longer be true.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So as far as Monk ideas go...Wristwraps and Guarding rate adjustments is all that needs work.
    Enh. I would also argue that something needs to be done about counter attacks and TP. From my understanding, monsters still gain TP when you counter, but you do not gain any TP from countering. But yeah, other than that I agree. Guarding obviously needs work. Wristwraps would be just a nice thing really. Not a necessity at all.
    (0)

Character
    Moonlightespada
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Was thinking of this while taking a shower (keep thots to yaselves pervs))
    About a Balanced Spirit Job trait that reduced the def lowered by counterstance. Idk about ya but taking 1,300 dmg from an attack that should do 400dmg is gettin annoying lol
    (0)

Ohji Lunartail, the Moonlightespada- Bismark

When they first announced Footwork, I figured it was a way for MNKs to have the same damage capabilities as a two-hander, since at the time, we (Or at least, I.) sucked at hitting endgame mobs compared to the WARs and DRKs and SAMs. I'd still like to see Footwork act like that. I wouldn't leave it as a full stance if that ability was given, though. Would be just too powerful. I also wouldn't allow it to be active during Hundred Fists (I don't think it is anyways?).

But I may also be crazy and have no knowledge of my own main job. XD That's not sarcasm. I *really* suck at gaming.

But I totally agree on increasing the skill gain rate of Guarding.
    (0)

Character
    Strato
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Monk is already fine, What we need is a "guard" stance, thats all. Guard can block TP moves from enemys, i've guarded a TP move before ( Pyshical ) a guard stance would be nice...
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast