Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[dev1102] Job Adjustments: Black Mage

I am not asking blm's for their opinion about blm. I am talking about the implementation of the spell metor. Therefor this is not an issue for the blm duscussion forum. Please do not move it again as the traffic there is terrible. If you feel the need to delete a duplicate thread, delete the other one and stop being so hasty and/or on the fly in these types of actions.
    ~Thank you.

Now again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    [dev1102] Job Adjustments: Black Mage
    •New magic spell
    •Meteor (Lv.99; Elemental Seal must be in effect)
    •Deals non-elemental damage to enemies within area of effect.
    *Casting the spell simultaneously with your party members will enhance the visual appearance and potency of the Meteor.
    *Sound effects for this spell have not yet been fully implemented.

[Test Server Only]
    •The spell may be cast without Elemental Seal in effect.
    Ok so my question is thus; In light of the fact that Elemental Seal is required to cast this spell, I am assuming it it so, but is it then subject to enhancement from such still?
    (2)

Player
    I think it's high time BLM get an upgrade to Elemental Seal. I'm thinking it's time for Elemental Walrus!
    (4)

Character
    Shipp
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post

Now again.
    Ok so my question is thus; In light of the fact that Elemental Seal is required to cast this spell, I am assuming it it so, but is it then subject to enhancement from such still?
    As a 99 BLM, this is something I was wondering also. Liking so the devs will hopefully take a look and this can be answered soon-ish.

Another thing, since this is non-elemental damage, and we obviously don't have a non-elemental magic skill, would this automatically go to Dark Magic skill for the accuracy, or is it still using our Elemental Magic skill for accuracy, despite being non-elemental damage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but it was something I was also wondering along with Tsukino's question.
    (1)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I am not asking blm's for their opinion about blm. I am talking about the implementation of the spell metor. Therefor this is not an issue for the blm duscussion forum. Please do not move it again as the traffic there is terrible. If you feel the need to delete a duplicate thread, delete the other one and stop being so hasty and/or on the fly in these types of actions.
    ~Thank you.

Now again.
    This topic is in the wrong area and should be moved to the Black Mage forums. Terrible traffic is not a reason it should not be. Also Job specific side of the forums are not just for opinions, You can talk/chat there as well. Just don't start answering yourself..
    (2)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Here's the thing, like Krashport said , the job forums are not JUST for opinions. That being said, I would assume it does effect it. Be kinda dumb if it didn't. This IS SE we're talking about though lol.
    (0)

Should be based on skill over cap, just for the hilarity of spreading the SMN disease to other jobs.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Laide
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Testing Meteor atm and provided some feedback, its base dmg in relation to cost of spell for solo blm isn't really worth it. Since there usually isn't enough ppl around on test server to test simultaneously casting potency SE will not get accurate testing results. Do like the visuals
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The community team looks in the appropriate sections for job-specific issues. You should not be concerned with the amount of "traffic" your thread gets. It's not like it's a petition or complaint thread, you're just asking a question.

Threads get moved for a reason- and it's not to punish you.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalgod View Post
    Testing Meteor atm and provided some feedback, its base dmg in relation to cost of spell for solo blm isn't really worth it. Since there usually isn't enough ppl around on test server to test simultaneously casting potency SE will not get accurate testing results. Do like the visuals
    Have you been testing with and without ES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The community team looks in the appropriate sections for job-specific issues. You should not be concerned with the amount of "traffic" your thread gets. It's not like it's a petition or complaint thread, you're just asking a question.

Threads get moved for a reason- and it's not to punish you.
    That's not the point I was making. The rep moved it without any acknowedgement of what the thread contianed. Probably without even reading and/or comprehending the point it was trying to make. They simply saw blm in the title and moved it without thinking. Actions like that put the forum in dissaray.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    This topic is in the wrong area and should be moved to the Black Mage forums. Terrible traffic is not a reason it should not be. Also Job specific side of the forums are not just for opinions, You can talk/chat there as well. Just don't start answering yourself..
    I think you are incorrect, the question asked was about the spell itself and has nothing to do with BLM as a job. The fact the information came from the BLM adjustment is the only linking factor. While the OP did make a comment about low traffic that fact is irrelevant since it doesn't belong there in the first place. Also there is no magic or spell forum so here is as good a place as any.

On the topic, chances are the ability will still rely on elemental skill and the way I see it is like this. As with black and white light (Black being absence of and White being presence of all color) Non-elemental is either a form of all or no elements when dealing damage, in either case it still draws power from the elements just on different levels. (I've always imagined Non-elemental as a form of all elements since it's generally more powerful then individual elements, as well as the fact that it is not resisted by any mob with exception of enemies that take reduced magic damage.) This is further shown by the need for elemental seal for casting, thus drawing all elements together before the cast. My only question then is how the staves come into play, Magian or Prism both come to mind.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast