Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: empy greatsword

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While aftermath is up 99 Cala > Rag (as long as Accuracy isn't an issue)
    I've never seen this to be true. Acc is always an "issue" unless your inside abyssea or the monster is so weak as damage doesn't really matter anymore.
    The melee data

Saevel 31150 0 31150 39.50 % 89/6 93.68 % 93.68 % 0/696 297.68 309.59
    That's on Morta with a 95 Rag as DRK/WAR with Aggressor / Stalwarts up. Agg wore off at the last 30s of the fight. I was barely capping acc with the +35 from the relic. On anything else you won't be capping acc without some re-adjusting of your gear. The +35~40 acc gives you a large amount of freedom to pile on more Store TP / DA / Attack or whatever else you can toss on.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I solo my gs and i only have the 85 and i knock out 4k ws in voidwatch 7 to 9k in Aby. Case in point do what you want if i followed everyone else i be mad i have the cala.
    (0)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thing is, for less effort you can make an OaT GSWD which sh!ts on cala in pretty much every situation. Much easier to get to 99, easier to get 5/6 hit, and it's 40~45% proc rate (believe at 99 it's 45% OaT proc like joytoy was) turns you into a WS spamming machine without hitting saturation. It even beats out rag if "acc is capped".
    (0)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I've never seen this to be true. Acc is always an "issue" unless your inside abyssea or the monster is so weak as damage doesn't really matter anymore.
    The melee data
    Thats why i said directly after

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Ofc this is in very rare cases like 90 sec zergs were you can get tp before hand and some VWs in everything else ragna varys from beating it by a little to destroying Cala (40 acc is amazing).
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It even beats out rag if "acc is capped".
    Oat never beats Ragnarok outside of procing

Yea Oat does like 9% more WS DMG while the Ragnarok does 30-50% more melee dmg when acc is capped when acc isn't cap Ragna destroys it lol
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I play with a 99Cala and it better then most think but overall pretty terrible. Rag99 > Cala99 except on Fodder stuff and /war. /sam favors Ragnarok and anything with lvl correction, high eva or high def all favor Rag as well.

Playing with DPS there are very few situations where Cala99 trumps Rag99 even with AM3 up full time.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Oat never beats Ragnarok outside of procing

Yea Oat does like 9% more WS DMG while the Ragnarok does 30-50% more melee dmg when acc is capped when acc isn't cap Ragna destroys it lol
    It does a hella lot more then 9% more WS damage. If your in a situation where the target mob is ~VT or less then your WS is going to be a 80/20 split. I know I've done tons of parsing and it's fairly obvious that your melee damage isn't doing squat compared to your WS spam. That is the time that the OaT is just monstrous, it basically shaves a full round off your average time to 100 TP. It comes ridiculously close to a rag.

Of course that's in high haste super high buff zergs where your riding SE with either fanatics or PD on. Anything else and Rag wins handily due to it's higher melee DPS.

In all the above scenarios Cala lags behind them all. ODD means squat when 60~80% of your damage is from Res spam, in which case the additional +acc from rag combined with it's passive bonus to DPS carry it through. The OaT's higher number of WS's combined with it's better delay (6-hit is much easier to hit, 5-hit is possible) easily surpass cala.

Of course you didn't think about all these.
    (0)

8. 07-11-2012 01:25 AM
    Reason
    Mispost

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I've an 85, cal..... And yall making me sad. (More or less it was a gift of appriciation from l.s.) but... I've already got it...and casually working toward 90 maybe 95? If one plopped in your lap at 85, how far would you take it?

I'm considering just doing an apoc and leaving the cal @90... But am still up in the air on it, I play Blm a lot, but the dds look like they have soooo much fun ya know....

+2 junk, aces feet, bale accessories, tyrants, the fuzzy bell bottom pants... I think my ghetto tp set ok, needs alot of work, but I've seen worse.... Any way , ....back to the question.. if @85, how far do you take it.... Given the options... Just abandon it, and go rag?
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawesemo View Post
    I've an 85, cal..... And yall making me sad. (More or less it was a gift of appriciation from l.s.) but... I've already got it...and casually working toward 90 maybe 95? If one plopped in your lap at 85, how far would you take it?

I'm considering just doing an apoc and leaving the cal @90... But am still up in the air on it, I play Blm a lot, but the dds look like they have soooo much fun ya know....

+2 junk, aces feet, bale accessories, tyrants, the fuzzy bell bottom pants... I think my ghetto tp set ok, needs alot of work, but I've seen worse.... Any way , ....back to the question.. if @85, how far do you take it.... Given the options... Just abandon it, and go rag?
    At this point of time, DRK without rag is fairly pointless to take to serious events. Everyone and their mother has one, and it's just really effective on anything serious. If you want to use your DRK to do anything serious, you need one.

However, there are also rumor saying reso getting a nerf, and we will never know if all future content benefits reso or not(part of reason why rag so OP now is also because legion benefits it greatly)

If you can finish a Rag in 1~2 months, I'd say still get it. But if it's going to take you 6 month+, then it's better to just save gil and stick with Cala until you can afford a relic, maybe after SoA come out weapon/job hierarchy will change again so you can decide which weapon to go for.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    At this point of time, DRK without rag is fairly pointless to take to serious events. Everyone and their mother has one, and it's just really effective on anything serious. If you want to use your DRK to do anything serious, you need one.

However, there are also rumor saying reso getting a nerf, and we will never know if all future content benefits reso or not(part of reason why rag so OP now is also because legion benefits it greatly)

If you can finish a Rag in 1~2 months, I'd say still get it. But if it's going to take you 6 month+, then it's better to just save gil and stick with Cala until you can afford a relic, maybe after SoA come out weapon/job hierarchy will change again so you can decide which weapon to go for.
    thank you ... yeah i think i'ma 90 the cal and call it good .. start splurging on dumb currency farm etc...

but rag... vs... Apoc whew.. (i've always wanted the scythe) but given dynamis prettttttty lol now days.... BOTH!! both is good.

Edit : all of the .... .... is just me thinking and stalling the fingers from putting down thought.. appoligies if anyone is freakin out on my brain pan's function
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast