Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Time to re-adjust Blade: Shun

OK, Blade: Shun shouldn't yield nearly the same damage at level 3 (I'm riding 5 Merit WS, so I can't max out any of them) that it does at level 1. Unless I'm missing something that causes this WS to jump to 2,000+ damage, something is gravely wrong when Blade: Jin outperforms it even after spending 45 merit points. Even raising the DEX modifier values would help.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

The new(er) WS are meant to be capped. If they outdid the previous best WS with only a few points everyone would toss a few points in everything and have them all. They might as well have just unlocked them at a certain skill cap.

My advice is to unlock it fully and properly gear yourself for it. At the risk of sounding elitist, based on your sig you could probably benefit from working out a nice gear set for it.
    (6)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Also get a set of a elemental belt and gorget as they increase its fTP value and Shun like some of the other merit WS has its cumulative fTP spread out across all hits.

(I don't have Shun but shortly after the merit WSes were released it was determined that Shun along with Resolution had its fTP distributed across all its hits and that was the last i heard about that so idk if this was later found out to be wrong or not)
    (1)

Player
    Another two merits would push the modifier from 60% to 100% which is a substantial increase.

Using an fTP-boosting gorget and belt would increase the fTP from 0.6875 per hit to 0.8875 per hit which is a very substantial increase compared to the usual bonus for such gorgets and belts.

Without those changes, you're using a weaponskill with a horrible fTP value, a mild attack penalty, a pretty decent DEX modifier, and an inability to critical that makes the DEX modifier feel depressing. I'd expect the sad results you're reporting from such a weaponskill.

Your best bet is going to be culling two of your merit weaponskills and, depending on which remain, possibly obtaining the proper gorget(s) and belt(s) for them.

This isn't to say I think all of the merit weaponskills are just peachy keen in every way, but someone's equipment and merit set-up are far more likely to change than the Development Bros' concept of balance.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Another two merits would push the modifier from 60% to 100% which is a substantial increase.

Using an fTP-boosting gorget and belt would increase the fTP from 0.6875 per hit to 0.8875 per hit which is a very substantial increase compared to the usual bonus for such gorgets and belts.

Without those changes, you're using a weaponskill with a horrible fTP value, a mild attack penalty, a pretty decent DEX modifier, and an inability to critical that makes the DEX modifier feel depressing. I'd expect the sad results you're reporting from such a weaponskill.

Your best bet is going to be culling two of your merit weaponskills and, depending on which remain, possibly obtaining the proper gorget(s) and belt(s) for them.

This isn't to say I think all of the merit weaponskills are just peachy keen in every way, but someone's equipment and merit set-up are far more likely to change than the Development Bros' concept of balance.
    This makes the issue all the more galling. Currently I have Apex Arrow, Last Stand, Tachi: Shoha, Exenterator, and this. At level 3, each of the other weapon skills have reasonably good damage (how AGI mods outdo DEX mods is beyond me). I dumped Realmrazer because of S-E's outright refusal to give Paladins any weapon skill that is remotely useful that doesn't require a$$-kissing in a linkshell to build an Empyrean.

If it's the case there's an attack penalty, I might very well have to abandon the WS entirely. That's the major reason I've avoided Requiescat entirely.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    This makes the issue all the more galling. Currently I have Apex Arrow, Last Stand, Tachi: Shoha, Exenterator, and this. At level 3, each of the other weapon skills have reasonably good damage (how AGI mods outdo DEX mods is beyond me). I dumped Realmrazer because of S-E's outright refusal to give Paladins any weapon skill that is remotely useful that doesn't require a$$-kissing in a linkshell to build an Empyrean.

If it's the case there's an attack penalty, I might very well have to abandon the WS entirely. That's the major reason I've avoided Requiescat entirely.
    Build an LS? Make friends? Farm gil and buy it? Make a WHM mule and solo it? Saying you need an LS to farm an empyrean is sort of sad.
    And ya, you need to 5/5 these WS's for them to be any good, and even then, some aren't all that good. So pick 3 and only 3. Then spend your time better gearing those chosen jobs instead of complaining that Jin is better, when it really isn't if you're not inside abyssea, and well, if you're inside abyssea, be happy you have a crit based WS like Jin to use.
    (5)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Almace and Kannagi are soloable to 85, 90 can be done via shouting. Stop being lazy and helpless and go research.
    (1)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98

Heck, you can even get the NQ version which you can somewhat solo or get to lv90. The WSes aren't bad tbh... iirc ratscat does non elemental damage so vs high damage targets it's not that terrible but then again you got an enmity based WS that was decent last i saw.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ive topped 4k shun inside abyssea, and 2.5-3kish outside with shun

your doing it wrong
    (4)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    ive topped 4k shun inside abyssea, and 2.5-3kish outside with shun

your doing it wrong
    while we're on the topic, anyone have WS Sets for this they'd like to share ? Currently using. . .

Ocelomeh Headpiece
    Ele Gorget
    Moonshade ( 4atk 25tp Bonus )
    Brutal Earring
    Toci's Harness
    Iga Tekko +2
    Rajas Ring ( Maybe another thundersoul, or does the 5str/dex even out with thundersoul? )
    Thundersoul Ring
    Atheling Mantle
    Elemental Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Athos Boots ( Trying for Dillarams from pil )

I'm not getting 2.5k - 3k averages unless its on fodder mobs. It is pretty consistent unless I find myself behind the mob most of the time with innin up for Blade: Hi. Shun starts to shine when I'm fighting something that I'm having trouble getting good crit rate on or don't have the luxury of getting behind the mob.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast