Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ladyofdragons
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrminas View Post
    while we're on the topic, anyone have WS Sets for this they'd like to share ? Currently using. . .

Ocelomeh Headpiece
    Ele Gorget
    Moonshade ( 4atk 25tp Bonus )
    Brutal Earring
    Toci's Harness
    Iga Tekko +2
    Rajas Ring ( Maybe another thundersoul, or does the 5str/dex even out with thundersoul? )
    Thundersoul Ring
    Atheling Mantle
    Elemental Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Athos Boots ( Trying for Dillarams from pil )

I'm not getting 2.5k - 3k averages unless its on fodder mobs. It is pretty consistent unless I find myself behind the mob most of the time with innin up for Blade: Hi. Shun starts to shine when I'm fighting something that I'm having trouble getting good crit rate on or don't have the luxury of getting behind the mob.
    I use:
    Scopuli Nails
    Byakko Haidate
    Iga Tekko +2
    Iga Ningi +2
    Iga Zukin +2
    Rajas Ring
    Spiral Ring
    Suppanomimi
    Triumph Earring +1
    Qirmiz Tathlum

and still pull off 2-4kish in abyssea
    (0)

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Still trying to improve my shuns as they seem to be the best option for me where hi is unreliable even with 300tp on higher tier content. My setup now looks like this, I have a few questions for mathematically well endowed contributors of the ninja forums if anyone would like to try their hand at the math!

Current Setup

Main: Kikoku99
    Sub: STR Arisui 99
    Ammo: Bomb Core

Ocelomeh Headpiece +1
    Light Gorget
    Brutal Earring
    Moonshade Earring ( 4atk 25tp Bonus)
    Toci's Harness
    Iga Tekko +2
    Rajas Ring
    Thundersoul Ring
    Atheling Mantle
    Light Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Dilaram's Sollerets

Question(s)

1. Moonshade Earring, does TP bonus have any impact in small increments? FTP seems to be the same throughout 100/200/300tp. If it has no impact for this particular ws, what is the optimal earring for this slot?

2. Generally how much attack is needed to overcome a single DEX as a modifier per slot on content such as VW T6 type mobs. ( For weighing gear choices per slot such as replacing Rajas with a thundersoul, earrings with dex instead of TP bonus earring )

3. Any advice on gear choices for Blade: Shun.

Thank you in advance
    (0)

Player
    I can't be of much help, but maybe I can answer one question to a degree.

1. Moonshade Earring, does TP bonus have any impact in small increments? FTP seems to be the same throughout 100/200/300tp. If it has no impact for this particular ws, what is the optimal earring for this slot?
    Rather than only affecting fTP, the effect of TP bonus items is identical to having that much more TP. So, a TP bonus Moonshade Earring should decrease the attack penalty by some nebulous amount in the case of Blade: Shun.

So...I assume the Moonshade Earring, which may already have +4 Attack on it, is very similar to a potent attack earring in the case of Blade: Shun. I have no idea if this makes it the best option, though.
    (0)

Current Setup

Main: Kikoku99
    Sub: STR Arisui 99
    Ammo: Bomb Core

Ocelomeh Headpiece +1
    Light Gorget
    Brutal Earring
    Moonshade Earring ( 4atk 25tp Bonus)
    Toci's Harness
    Iga Tekko +2
    Rajas Ring
    Thundersoul Ring
    Atheling Mantle
    Light Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Dilaram's Sollerets

Question(s)

The only thing thats know about Blade Shun TP modifiers is that it's -8% attack at 100 TP. If we assume what I think would be the worst case scenario, at 300 TP it would be -0% attack. At this value every 25 TP is basically going to be worth 1% attack. If you have 500 attack, which should be about the lowest possible for NIN at 99 in VW, 1% attack = 5 attack, plus the earring already has 4 attack, so 9 attack total should really be about the lowest value moonshade earring offers for the situations you say you use Blade Shun. I wouldn't waste inventory or gil on anything else without concrete evidence as to what the Blade Shun TP modifiers actually are, since the earring can potentially be a lot better than this, and you need it anyway for Blade Hi. So at worst you give up 1 attack, and potentially gain a lot more, as well as extra inventory space. If anything I would suggest a ghillie earring +1, since it has 3 accuracy.

2. Generally how much attack is needed to overcome a single DEX as a modifier per slot on content such as VW T6 type mobs. ( For weighing gear choices per slot such as replacing Rajas with a thundersoul, earrings with dex instead of TP bonus earring )
    This question relies to much on information you have not given, you would need to know what you are fighting (which you listed) your gear (which you listed) what buffs you have, and what food youre using. The answer will be pretty different if you have 0 buffs vs using red curry, stalwarts and having chaos roll. But overall I don't think this question is really worth asking. There are no specific items where you have to pick between large amounts of DEX or large amounts of ATT except one, the earring. If the options are a 10k gil 10 attack earring or a 5m gil 4 DEX earring that will be replaced (a 5 DEX HQ crafted earring is in the DATs, as well as an NQ 4 DEX crafted earring) the answer to which you should use is pretty obvious, as the 4 DEX earring is a waste of gil. If there is something else though, please let me know and I will attempt to figure it out for you.

Also, you shouldnt replace Rajas with Thundersoul anyway. Personally, Im not a fan of having 2 of the same ring to equip in sets because it never quite works right for me. But anyway, the reason for Rajas over a second 7 DEX ring is that when applying the alpha correction to WSC (.85), 6 DEX and 7 DEX both only give 5 WSC, and 5 STR will always give 1 fSTR, which is exactly the same as 1 WSC and then the 5 DEX gives 4 WSC. So both rings when viewed entirely on their own are giving you +5 base damage. To determine which is actually better you would need to get into super specific information about your gear and what youre fighting and what buffs you have. Half the time the second 7 DEX ring wont even be better, and when it is better it wont give enough of an increase in damage to be worth inventory -1 or learning all the things you would need to learn about mobs in order to know when to be using it.

3. Any advice on gear choices for Blade: Shun.

Thank you in advance
    The only thing I know of that will be better for this set are these gloves:

Unless you are fSTR/ATT capped, which you won't be for anything decently hard. See Rajas ring explanation to understand why they're better, 10 STR is going to be pretty even with 3 DEX, and plus you get 15 Attack.

Some of the new abjuration stuff might be good too, but I wouldnt say to use any of it as its basically unobtainable. But like, these pants get an augment that no one even knows what it is yet, but even without it theyre going to be better than B Haidate. GL with them though.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    The only thing thats know about Blade Shun TP modifiers is that it's -8% attack at 100 TP. If we assume what I think would be the worst case scenario, at 300 TP it would be -0% attack. At this value every 25 TP is basically going to be worth 1% attack. If you have 500 attack, which should be about the lowest possible for NIN at 99 in VW, 1% attack = 5 attack, plus the earring already has 4 attack, so 9 attack total should really be about the lowest value moonshade earring offers for the situations you say you use Blade Shun. I wouldn't waste inventory or gil on anything else without concrete evidence as to what the Blade Shun TP modifiers actually are, since the earring can potentially be a lot better than this, and you need it anyway for Blade Hi. So at worst you give up 1 attack, and potentially gain a lot more, as well as extra inventory space. If anything I would suggest a ghillie earring +1, since it has 3 accuracy.

This question relies to much on information you have not given, you would need to know what you are fighting (which you listed) your gear (which you listed) what buffs you have, and what food youre using. The answer will be pretty different if you have 0 buffs vs using red curry, stalwarts and having chaos roll. But overall I don't think this question is really worth asking. There are no specific items where you have to pick between large amounts of DEX or large amounts of ATT except one, the earring. If the options are a 10k gil 10 attack earring or a 5m gil 4 DEX earring that will be replaced (a 5 DEX HQ crafted earring is in the DATs, as well as an NQ 4 DEX crafted earring) the answer to which you should use is pretty obvious, as the 4 DEX earring is a waste of gil. If there is something else though, please let me know and I will attempt to figure it out for you.

Also, you shouldnt replace Rajas with Thundersoul anyway. Personally, Im not a fan of having 2 of the same ring to equip in sets because it never quite works right for me. But anyway, the reason for Rajas over a second 7 DEX ring is that when applying the alpha correction to WSC (.85), 6 DEX and 7 DEX both only give 5 WSC, and 5 STR will always give 1 fSTR, which is exactly the same as 1 WSC and then the 5 DEX gives 4 WSC. So both rings when viewed entirely on their own are giving you +5 base damage. To determine which is actually better you would need to get into super specific information about your gear and what youre fighting and what buffs you have. Half the time the second 7 DEX ring wont even be better, and when it is better it wont give enough of an increase in damage to be worth inventory -1 or learning all the things you would need to learn about mobs in order to know when to be using it.

The only thing I know of that will be better for this set are these gloves:

Unless you are fSTR/ATT capped, which you won't be for anything decently hard. See Rajas ring explanation to understand why they're better, 10 STR is going to be pretty even with 3 DEX, and plus you get 15 Attack.

Some of the new abjuration stuff might be good too, but I wouldnt say to use any of it as its basically unobtainable. But like, these pants get an augment that no one even knows what it is yet, but even without it theyre going to be better than B Haidate. GL with them though.
    Thank you for your input! I've been trying to get those gloves, so far everything but that in the trove, our LS does provenance quite a bit so hopefully I'll get lucky and get that leg ><. As for the attack question, I'm glad it is serving some purpose ( The earring ).

@Spanktaru Thanks for your input too!
    (0)
    Last edited by Lyrminas; 07-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    90 can be done via shouting.
    Brew lock. What? Someone had to say it.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    This makes the issue all the more galling. Currently I have Apex Arrow, Last Stand, Tachi: Shoha, Exenterator, and this. At level 3, each of the other weapon skills have reasonably good damage (how AGI mods outdo DEX mods is beyond me). I dumped Realmrazer because of S-E's outright refusal to give Paladins any weapon skill that is remotely useful that doesn't require a$$-kissing in a linkshell to build an Empyrean.

If it's the case there's an attack penalty, I might very well have to abandon the WS entirely. That's the major reason I've avoided Requiescat entirely.
    Ok I haven't seen anyone say it yet so I will.

STOP BEING GIMP.

At level 3 most aren't even worth meriting, its the 100% WSC and TP Copy (sometimes) that makes them juicy. If your doing 5 @ 3/5 then your using 5 gimp WS's instead of 3 strong WS's.

I know it sucks having to pick and chose, I'm 5/5 Resolution, Shoha and Requiscat, I also want Apex Arrow / Star Diver / Ruinator / Extenator. I am not willing to gimp myself and fail everyone around me just to do that.

So pick 3 and just deal with it. It sucks, we all know and we've all asked SE to let us merit more. They ~may~ be looking into it, who knows with how a$$ backward they are. Until then don't fail your party / alliance / link shell members and your friends.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Ok I haven't seen anyone say it yet so I will.
    If you wait less than 4 months to respond, it would probably be more helpful.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    If you wait less than 4 months to respond, it would probably be more helpful.
    Actually only noticed it was a necro after I posted.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Any comment on Thaumas Nails? Just got it but I don't think its the best, dillarams for Shun ?

Dilaram's Sollerets RareExclusive
    [Feet] All Races
    DEF:26 STR+8 DEX+8 VIT+8 AGI+8
    Attack+16 Critical Hit Rate -8%
    Lv. 95 WAR / PLD / DRK / BST / SAM / NIN

VS

Thaumas nails RareExclusive
    [Feet] All Races
    DEF:26 DEX+9 AGI+9 MND+9
    Attack+14
    Ranged Attack+14
    "Double Attack"+3%
    Set: Increases STR, DEX, AGI, MND
    Lv. 99 MNK/THF/RNG/NIN/BLU/COR/PUP/
    DNC

I'm banking on no, but yes for Blade hi?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lyrminas; 07-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast