Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Yes, back in 2007. Please check the date because it appears you missed the last 5 years.

What you can't admit is you don't want to see the job useful unless you can swing a stick and be subpar melee number 16, that's why all your arguments about cycles and buffs sucking are still stuck in the TaU mentality for pink bird parties. Wake the fuck up because the rest of the game has moved on.
    (4)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Need to readd content that rdm has use to solo with super buffs and kiting lol. Make them have fun again. Or give them more buffs so they can tank again!!
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Or give them more buffs so they can tank again!
    Meh, a proper tanking model (would love to have Flash on RDM, for starters) would probably work better.
    (4)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Yes, back in 2007. Please check the date because it appears you missed the last 5 years.

What you can't admit is you don't want to see the job useful unless you can swing a stick and be subpar melee number 16, that's why all your arguments about cycles and buffs sucking are still stuck in the TaU mentality for pink bird parties. Wake the fuck up because the rest of the game has moved on.
    I think that RDM melee is terribad and laughable, but if they tried to turn the job back into spell cycles again I would de-level RDM to 50 immediately. I had enough of that garbage from 2003 through 2009, I don't want to do that ever again. I would prefer to have the job useless than to have to go back to the bad old days of that mechanical grind, we weren't treated like humans, we were treated like buff vending machines.

Memories from several years of 3 and a half hour dynamis runs solely casting refresh and haste on 6 black mages, awesome.
    (1)

Player
    There really aren't a lot of buffs Rdm even has to cast on others anymore, and with Emp+2 set bonus all of them have extended duration. Even for a blm party they can haste and refresh themselves now, and Refresh lasts almost double the duration it did back then. If the base duration was increased I really don't see the problem especially adding in Emp+2 to an increased base duration.

Or maybe I'm the only one who found time to do more than just cast 2 spells, 3 counting a cure.
    (4)

Player
    Reason why they said we can't accession Temper or enspell2's is because the only spells that can be Accessioned are spells that SCH can cast or spells that SCH can cast with a sub under 49. Don't think there's any spells that another job can Accession that SCH doesn't have access to with a sub or addendum.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Reason why they said we can't accession Temper or enspell2's is because the only spells that can be Accessioned are spells that SCH can cast or spells that SCH can cast with a sub under 49. Don't think there's any spells that another job can Accession that SCH doesn't have access to with a sub or addendum.
    Nope SE said it themselves in reply to my thread a few months ago. SE see's RDM as a master enfeebler and gives us single target / self enhancements. They see WHM as the group enhancer for white magic and will give them aoe enhancing magic. We can't single target Temper / Gain-stat spells for the same reason we can't single target, Barblizzard, Enblizzard, Enblizzard II, Stoneskin, Phalanx, and Ice Spikes. The most we could of hoped for was accession to work or SE to create a watered down "Temper II" ala "Phalanx II".

The whole "accession only SCH/something spells" is nonsense, SCH/WHM (now /RDM) can cast haste, they can not accession haste. And before the "hastega already blah" you can accession barspells and aoe barspells exist as well as protect / shell.
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Man, if you guys hated RDM's real role at 75, why did you play it?
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Man, if you guys hated RDM's real role at 75, why did you play it?
    That's the point, we stopped playing it. Every single RDM I've knew from that era got burnt out on cycles and moved on to another job. It' wasn't a "real role" is was something that was forced on RDM's due to them being able to Cure IV and buff people just enough. If you want to get an idea for what it is, get four of your friends and your mule into a single party. Now cast Haste on each one of them and sit there. Do that for 30 min straight and tell us how exciting it is.

What your suggesting would be worse then that. Go on BRD and single target cycle two etudes one every party member for 30 min and see how it feels. After one hour your ready to just turn off the PC and go play something else.
    (4)

Player
    What were you expecting to do joining a party then, be a 'mystical swordsman' the party is instantly going to accept no matter how subpar it was?

You got tired of cycles, well congratulations, there's enough alternatives now that you're hardly casting any.
    (3)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast