Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i suppose i should concede that just because i don't like the look i shouldn't bar it from the list of possibilities...and everything about rdm is a lot more murky then just about every other job ive lvled...then again thats kinda the nature of rdm isnt it? there is almost no wrong answer...
    and for ws... i have 5/5 req. and hit between 1500 and 2500 generally, in and out of abyssea...(then again... i throw it in VW with no atmacites to boost it and hit for 500) i saw a near 3k in the garden of ru'met (or however its spelled) in sea, (those 85-90 aerns), so that was pretty sweet... (ive been debating on DA in WS for seemingly forever...) and i suspect it will get even better when i finish my excal...^.^
    (0)

well req has a pretty rough attack penalty, so as mobs get tougher (higher tier voidwatch for example) it'll hit a wall.

whereas if mobs are weak enough that you can manage a solid att ratio ANYWAY, requiscats strong ftp and high mnd mod make it pretty good.

but that's all outside aby. inside the crit atmas skew things wildly into CdC's favor. razed ruins+sanguine scythe is such an insane combo you'd prolly be better off running a dagger and going with evisceration than using requiscat with anything.
    (2)

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    the only problem with that is regardless of how often i try, i cant seem to get my hands on a dagger better than my blah dolch
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    For dagger, try to see if you can spam Shrinyu with friends, Twilight drops from there and is one of the best / better daggers for RDM currently.

Many other jobs can jack their attack up, RDM's can't. Not while keeping 25% haste (or 24.6). Getting anywhere near 2.0 Ratio on targets T or higher takes outside buffs and lots of them. Accuracy is easy to fix now, it's linear and has scaled well withe monsters level and evasion increasing. Attack on the other hand hasn't scales very well with monsters defense, for every 1 point of defense the monster gained we need to gain 2 to cap attack out. Attack on gear is a static number so as our levels went up, as a percentage it was worth less and less. For each piece it's a decision, in this case 10 attack vs 2 DA, kinda a toss up and I tend to go with attack to get more out of food and percentage buffs. 2 DA might actually be worth more, we'll need to craftermath it out.

For the gloves, it's more then just movement speed vs no movement speed down. Brego is +5 STR for +1.25 fSTR. For DWing fSTR is incredibly important, it does more for you then the WAR.

CDC squash's Req inside Abyssea or vs anything where you don't have high cRatio. Excal helps Req out due to the increased attack it has, that is why it's the better TP weapon and helps Req get decent numbers. Req is extremely random due to it's 6 hit +DA nature (/NIN). You can get a WS off that has 6 7 or 8 hits, but those hits won't always land eve at 95% acc. CDC is a bit more consistent due to it's crit bonus, you can pretty much guarantee that at least one hit will be critical and about two on average (4 hits /NIN). If the first hit crits then you got a really big number. CDC being DEX based also helps, stacking DEX not only increase's WSC and acc, it also increase's dDEX which can result in capped base crit rate.

Xcal is one of those weapons I wish overrode enspells. Having that big proc on the main hand ~and~ having enspells proc when it doesn't would of been amazing. Oh well. XCal's add effect would have to proc for more then 590 on average to beat out full time enspells, otherwise it's pretty much a wash (assuming no special proc on off hand to make up for it).
    (2)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17