Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Elemental weapon skill damage increases depending on day

This text appears in multiple sources (Athos's Gloves, Mekira Oto(+1), Atma of Echoes), and it's a little misleading as to the actual properties to which are being referred.

We think of elemental weapon skills as things like Aeolian Edge, Cyclone, Sanguine Blade -- weapon skills that deal elemental damage.

The property on these items actually increases the damage ratio of the weapon skill, physical OR elemental, if the element of the weapon skill's skillchain attributes match the element of the current day.

I'm not sure how you'd convey this though. Maybe something like:

Depending on day: weapon skill damage increases based on skillchain alignment

I know the current text has a lot of people confused, as most people in-game I talk to about these items think they only affect elemental (magical) weapon skills.
    (3)

Hi Asymptotic,

Thanks so much for your feedback.
    We agree that this wording is somewhat misleading the way it is currently written (as is the Japanese, actually, which also suggests an "elemental weapon skill").

We'll check with the devs to see if they want to change the wording, and (whether or not the JP gets revised) look into ways to reword the English as well. Certainly, what you suggest would be an improvement.

At any rate, we'll get back to you once an official decision is reached.
    Thanks again for bringing this matter to our attention!
    (2)