Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think at 99 the final final magian staff trials should be compactable, provided you have finished all of the staves involved up to the final level. It can even be a magian trial itself!

The staves would all have to be of the same element and all 100% finished, but I think being able to combine the staves based on element would help with inventory tremendously. Instead of 25 staves, we'd be back at 8.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Imole View Post
    The Magic attack staves still have higher magic acc values above HQ elemental staves. So personly im not gona quest and acc staves. Magic Att all the way for me.
    I don't think Magic attack staff has Magic Acc higher than HQ staff Magic Acc
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    SE seems to be contradicting itself when it implements new ways to alleviate storage problems then replaces 8 staves with 25 (counting only the macc, MAB, prep cost & cure potency ones). I worked out I need at least 17 staves but would like at least 21. If they would consolidate the different staves by putting all the elemental ones together like the lv 51 staves i.e. macc, MAB & prep cost of one element in 1 staff or even by putting like stats together & removing the elemental affinity -i.e. a staff with “Magic damage +X” one with “avatar prep cost -X”etc. I would be ecstatic. I think it should've been this way to begin with as the way it is now is completely unbalanced & unfair to mages. Melee usually do 1 sometimes 2-3 weapons per class while mages have to do up to 8 or more! Please SE stop being cruel to us mages! Maybe they'll do this on the Hvergelmir it will be interesting to see what they put on it in the end. Obis, gorgets, belts & grips also kill inventory I don't understand why they keep coming out with this 1 per element non-sense & don't just make one that effects them all or a way to turn all the individual elemental ones into one general one.
    Game wasw always unfair to mages past 03/05 ish when people did not see the potonal in melee dd yet.

mages don't even have a relic class weapon, well SMN and WHM kinda do now but BLM, RDM,SCH for casting still don't

I started to think the dev team does not understand casting stats ever since mythics came out along with the ZNM T4 staff and PW staff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-29-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Kimikiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Tell me this then good sir. As a BLM just how many of those 25 odd magian staves you claim you need are you going to actually use on a regular basis? I can think of maybe at most 3 to 4 that would be used on a common basis (fire, ice, thunder potency & dark accuracy). Beyond that, you are working way too hard for even minimal gains at that point.
    (2)
    Kimiko - Siren
    /panic motion - http://www.panicmotion.net

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    For Elemental staves, I think combining them all into one would be a bit much, however I think the idea of light elements and dark elements would be good. Combining Dark, Earth, Ice and Water elements into one staff and then Light, Wind, Fire and Thunder into a light element staff would work perfectly well, as you would still have the negative impacts on an opposing element for Macc, Potency and Perpetuation cost. This would effectively drop the number of (basic) staves a mage would carry from 8 to 4-5 (the 2 elemental staves I suggested, Dark/Pluto for Resting, Earth/Terra for PDT, and Light/Apollo for cures), as I believe adding the extra stats to my suggested staves would be a bit much.

I'd also suggest a similar solution to the magian staves, but they could only be combined once completed (meaning not until 99), and only if the same type (Affinity damage combines only with affinity damage, perpetuation only combines with perpetuation, etc).

Likewise, combine the obi's in the same way.
    (0)

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiarlia View Post
    For Elemental staves, I think combining them all into one would be a bit much, however I think the idea of light elements and dark elements would be good. Combining Dark, Earth, Ice and Water elements into one staff and then Light, Wind, Fire and Thunder into a light element staff would work perfectly well, as you would still have the negative impacts on an opposing element for Macc, Potency and Perpetuation cost. This would effectively drop the number of (basic) staves a mage would carry from 8 to 4-5 (the 2 elemental staves I suggested, Dark/Pluto for Resting, Earth/Terra for PDT, and Light/Apollo for cures), as I believe adding the extra stats to my suggested staves would be a bit much.

I'd also suggest a similar solution to the magian staves, but they could only be combined once completed (meaning not until 99), and only if the same type (Affinity damage combines only with affinity damage, perpetuation only combines with perpetuation, etc).

Likewise, combine the obi's in the same way.
    like light dark ws i can see this, maybe they can do progressions for the staves equivalent to ws's.. 8 singles-> 4 doubles-> 2 quadruples. Maybe at lvl 99 they will invent ws's that cover all elements. If they do this they can then combine the quadruple staves together. For this reason is why it doesnt make sense to combine all 8 together. but for staves of 4 makes sense. (Because a all in one WS does not exist so why shoudl a staff)
    (0)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Actually part of the reason I suggested this is because I use a "proc" set on my BLM for mobs that die too fast, since my high damaging normal nukes would leave little time to go through them all properly, especially if Discernment tells me the element is Ice, moreso if I get unlucky and cast an AM that lands during a TP move. In this proc set I deliberately use the incorrect staff to lower the damage, and while an all-in-one staff would be a fantastic inventory saver, two all-in-two staves would allow me to continue doing this and still save on a lot of inventory space.

And before anyone tries to bash, I only use the proc set on mobs that it's worth it to, generally only AF3+1 seal mobs, almost never +2 stone mobs. With the +1, even a good number of those I don't have to. A good example would be something like Pascerpot, he dies stupid fast. >_>
    (0)

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    While out-side Abyssea content could focus on New End-game Events and new Armors/Weapons/upgrades/Etc, Back to the good old days of Dragging along 17 other people who want to lot the same stuff as you, and spending 2 years on the same event simply because the one guy hasn't gotten the 0.005% Drop of that 1 NM. you know, Challenge!

8. 04-05-2011 04:48 AM

I like the merging idea. It could be used for a trial.

1. Merging 8 staves down to 4. Lightning/Water || Ice/Fire || Wind/Stone || Light/Dark
    2. Merging 4 down to 2. Lightning/Water/Ice/Fire || Wind/Stone/Light/Dark
    3. Finally, Master Caster Staff AF3 (Since they're all at +2, instead of doing +3 just call them AF3 simply because i think that would be cool, lol)

For the obi's we can have new "abyssea obi's." Then the abyssea obi's can be combined with the COP obi's in the same 8/4/2/1 format to create the "Ultima Obi".

I would personally like for the total dmg done include factors that show skill and time spent leveling attributes. ie. something like every 20 levels of elemental magic skill is 150 dmg. something that would clearly show if your skill level is 300 or that you just partied from 1-90 in a week.

Just for kicks, since we're combining the staves, why don't we have the weapon have one spell that is the combination of the elements. Let's call this spell... "Ultima?" ^.^

BLM's are walking around with Varuna Staves+2 and doing under 3k dmg in abyssea. Make this a hard and long process to obtain. Make 8 new "Seals" (like kindred, beastmen, etc). Spread them out throughout Vana'diel. Water and ice seals on mobs/NM's in sea. Air and Light in sky. Dark and fire in Dynamis. So forth and so on just to help move traffic to older areas.

I kinda went farther with this idea here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...673-Ultima-AF3
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Player
    Why doesn't the OP also carry around the elemental grips? *rolls eyes*
    The staves are enough, a solid waist piece can suffice in place of all those obis.

How often are you under the right weather / day effects to begin with???

to quote wiki from: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rairin_Obi

"Despite the description, the bonus is actually a latent effect that requires the corresponding day and/or weather to be active for the bonuses to be granted."

I'd say your obis are very case-limited scenario, the bonuses you get under the conditions Will outweigh a good belt but... overall, considering odds are the correct day and/or weather Isn't happening corresponding to the element of your spell that you're about to cast, a solid +int +mnd belt would be more beneficial for the long haul. Example: Witch sash, or Penitent's Rope (if you don't wanna blow a couple million)

So really, 8 staves compared to a melee class which typically has a TP-building set and a WS set, its about equal. Then again, how often do BLMs need to use a light staff? I'd rather drain than cure any day.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Wrong forum, i know, but I play SCH and Obis are almost a necessity. I skirt by with only 4 magian staves (cure pot, Ice, thunder, and Wind (only did wind because we're getting screwed w/o blizz5 til august)) and terra + pluto's. I really would like to see something like this added to the game, but i dont think some crazy long magian thing (read: Hverglemir) is the way to go. Something like the Yurim_[A] suggestion would be brilliant.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4