Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Please SE read this...

I'm tired of having to have to carry...
    - 8 elemental staffs.
    - 7 Elemental obis.
    - Bunch of other gear.

Not to mention, inventory space. Which still caps at 80, yes I know I have sack and satchel... but guess what, they are full too >.>.
    Oh and the worst of all...
    Change from a damage dealing job like Ninja which has tons of gear, to a mage. Takes like 10 good minutes. It makes me only want to play one job.

Yes I know, I don't have to carry all that stuff and that there is other staffs out there. However I like to play my jobs to fullness, otherwise I wouldn't bother to gear them. Could you please look into making 1 staff to rule them all! Lol... nah but really, and please don't make it something ridiculous to get like everything else.
    As for the obis make a quest or something. Maybe like you can turn all them in and make 1 ultimate obi. Similar to Twilight Cape. ^^
    (2)

More inventory space? <Yes, please.>
    (0)
    "The only reason why I kill you is because.....you pointed your sword at my pride." -Byakkya-
    "The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Alucard-
    I love idiots. Oh wait, no I don't. Idiots are stupid. XD lols
    Red Mage, White Mage, and Samurai Princess.
    90 RDM, 90 WHM, and 90 SAM - All well equiped.

I like the idea of one staff to rule them all... but unlike you I dissaggre with not making it hard to get.

If they ever make a staff like that I would think that it should only be gotten by players that work very very hard for it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 07-30-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I do agree that when it comes to carrying a lot of gear because you need it for getting the best of casting elemental spells...can you change your Thread Title to a more meaningful title?

Quote Originally Posted by http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/117-Welcome-to-Forum-General-Discussion!
    Please refrain from using ambiguous titles for new threads. A post with an ambiguous title such as “HELP! It’s an emergency!!” will attract far less relevant replies in comparison to titles that give a clear description of the thread.
    (1)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

i just gave up with carrying so much gear. i only carry thunder, ice, and dark items with me now. maaaaybe earth if i plan on taking damage, which is rare.
    (0)

Totally irrelevant, but Kingofgeeks...I love your signature. XD So detailed.^^ ....still would love more inventory space. o.o lols
    (0)
    "The only reason why I kill you is because.....you pointed your sword at my pride." -Byakkya-
    "The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Alucard-
    I love idiots. Oh wait, no I don't. Idiots are stupid. XD lols
    Red Mage, White Mage, and Samurai Princess.
    90 RDM, 90 WHM, and 90 SAM - All well equiped.

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think that FFXI is limited to 80 inventory spaces and there's nothing they can do about it. Something about PS2 limitations as per normal. They've got around this somewhat by using mog sack/satchel.

But yeah, I agree that carrying 8 staves all the time is excessive, perhaps something in the Magian trials line will alleviate this in the future or even add 'All affinities: +6" or something to Hvergelmir/Claustrum/Laevateinn/Tupsimati to make these staves worthwhile.

I'd also like to see a quest to be able to trade all your sea obis (if you have all 8) for one 'super-obi' which works on all days.

I also agree on the job changing thing. It takes forever to swap gear around when you change job, not sure if they can do anything about this though.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    8 ele staffs? I shiver to think how meny magin staffs i need to cover those 8.

with all mage jobs my estamate is around 25.

cure potency
    light acc (repose)
    light attack
    earth acc (elgy/brake)
    earth attack
    dark acc
    dark attack (do dark attack magains work on drain/ aspir?) [noctohelix]
    ice attack
    ice acc ( bind)
    fire attack
    wind attack
    wind - prep
    water attack
    thunder attack
    2 MAB swords for blu

I guess a picky bard could get all acc staffs or use the remider ele staffs..
    (same with smn with -prep staffs)

but yes magin trails are making this issue worse
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Going slightly off what Alkimi said,

All SE needs to do is put All Elemental Magic: magic affinity +5 (i think this is what it is called on the magian staffs) onto hvergelmir. Add a dash of magic acc and maybe some perp- for smn, and walla! You have an empyrean staff that rules them all and that is actually useful. Although I can see how this steps on Laevateein's, Nirvana's and Tupsimati's turf. If I had to choose, a staff to rule them all in terms of magical damage would probably be Laevatein. The lvl 90 version has a whooping 50 MAB! Which is a rediculous amount. Probably not as good inside abyssea with all the mab atmas, but outside... The 90 version will probably reach upwards to 60 MAB, not to mention the aftermath. With the job trait that makes our spells give us tp, get off weaponskills for the aftermath may not be all that bad. The only problem is that getting a mythic is probably the hardest thing to accomplish right now in the game...
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Having 60 MAB on Laevateinn would put it roughly on par with Magian damage+ staves outside abyssea, although will depend how much MAB gear you have in the first place.

With the nuking gear I use Laevateinn would need ~58 MAB to beat magian outside abyssea, and ~63 MAB inside with Beyond/Minikin/Ultimate Atmas. Obviously these figures aren't exact and depend on a few things.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast