Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Planned adjustments to Neo-Nyzul = THF no longer wanted?

The new plans to Neo-Nyzul are that if you can clear a certain boss floor x amount of times, you get a KI which you can use to trade for any piece of gear dropped on that floor.

So, by taking stronger DDs, you have better chance of hitting floor 100 and by doing so enough times, you get a shit hot item.

Alternatively, take a THF which can deal less damage for more chance of a drop from the boss, but there's less chance to reach floor 100. Not to mention that the BRD could just sub THF anyway, since they tend to just buff then wait at the exit to warp up.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    The new plans to Neo-Nyzul are that if you can clear a certain boss floor x amount of times, you get a KI which you can use to trade for any piece of gear dropped on that floor.

So, by taking stronger DDs, you have better chance of hitting floor 100 and by doing so enough times, you get a shit hot item.

Alternatively, take a THF which can deal less damage for more chance of a drop from the boss, but there's less chance to reach floor 100. Not to mention that the BRD could just sub THF anyway, since they tend to just buff then wait at the exit to warp up.
    I don't think this is gonna affect people bringing a thief very much, but we'll see.
    (0)

Player
    I don't know...and i also didn't do new nyzul. If it's anything like the old one i think a smart thf can help speed things up too, and i'm not talking about staying at the rune of transfer.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You know the boss's can still drop loot. You would want a thf for the TH at least, they also happen to make pretty good melee's.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    You know the boss's can still drop loot. You would want a thf for the TH at least, they also happen to make pretty good melee's.
    This. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't know, drop rates do start to show considerable difference at TH7+. I would really hope there's enough room for a career THF(and by career I mean wielding one of the big three weapons) but a renta THF might be pretty detrimental to nyzul floor 100 success. As long as the THF does wtf they are supposed to be doing as a THF(means masterfully working SATA to their DD advantage, among other JAs people have gotten lazy about because they're used to spamming evis in Abyssea)I don't see how any THF can't fit in any nyzul lineup. If the other 5 can't bring the heat it's not on the THFs head. We deliver the TH and our jobs are done, the extra DPS is a bonus at best, and it'll remain that way until SE realizes that it's not the size of the weapon that counts but how you use it. Means a dagger can be just as deadly as an assault rifle if put in the right hands.

Now if it's a career THF leading the way with a bunch of noobs thinking all they got to do is hit their empyrean WS macro every 100% tp, well then it's a different story. Karb can attest to that at the very least. No uber weapon makes up for slacking. Ever.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Not sure, having your SCH(Then again... SCH may need /WHM or /RDM for haste... So..) come /THF, or replacing the THF with a BLU/??? with TH Set, will still probably be a net gain in kill speed. You'd be better served clearing out the deadweight and shooting for floor 100 than dragging a THF a long for the off chance of hitting a Boss floor on the way to 100.

Don't really even 'need' TH if you hit floor 100, As you'll all have a chance to instantly get 1 piece of floor 100 armor, the Drop from the boss would be a consolation prize, and any killspeed increase would serve you better in this regard.

THF is more of a liability in Neo-nyzul now, while we can kick ass and take names, Its a tough call in this type of event where Killspeed is super important, and any real DD who performs well will leave a THF in he dust kill-speed wise.

it'll have its use, But, Rather its enough of a use to give up kill speed for is up to question, and will likely be subject completely to the individual in charge of the run.

I personally, as sad as it is to say, Would likely drop a THF for a stronger more reliable DD, and Shoot for 100. Floor 80 is more of a consolation prize anyway. Though, Getting to floor 80 Isn't even about the floor 80 gear, its about killing floor 80 boss 25 times to get a floor 100, So even in that situation, Killspeed would be preferable to TH, More killspeed = Better chance of hitting 80+.

I don't know, drop rates do start to show considerable difference at TH7+.
    Honest question, is this eyeballed, Or have i missed some TH Tests? I'm so far behind

Now if it's a career THF leading the way with a bunch of noobs thinking all they got to do is hit their empyrean WS macro every 100% tp, well then it's a different story. Karb can attest to that at the very least. No uber weapon makes up for slacking. Ever.
    Couldn't agree more :3, I can't count on both hands how many Ukon WAR's i've out-dd' due to their general just laziness.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    DUnno, even with 100% drop rate, and a floor stop, it sounds like it still might be faster to shoot for 80 unless your group is using every cheat in the book.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    I would really hope there's enough room for a career THF(and by career I mean wielding one of the big three weapons) but a renta THF might be pretty detrimental to nyzul floor 100 success. As long as the THF does wtf they are supposed to be doing as a THF(means masterfully working SATA to their DD advantage, among other JAs people have gotten lazy about because they're used to spamming evis in Abyssea)
    Really annoys me when I see THFs with 85/90 Twashtar, just because they had a good LS that's been spamming abyssea for the last year or so, who doesn't bother with SA/TA, or certainly TA at least.

"Im bettr than u coz I have empy and u dont!" no, f**k off and learn the dam job please!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    DUnno, even with 100% drop rate, and a floor stop, it sounds like it still might be faster to shoot for 80 unless your group is using every cheat in the book.
    Even so, Floor 80 is just a consolation prize when it comes to Nyzul, While Shooting for 80, You're probably better off replacing THF with a BLU and having him set TH.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast