Character
    Drutaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 28

Do people still camp Shikigami Weapon?

Returning summoner, and title says it all.. It's been a while since the YYR has been the "hot new item" -- Do people actually still camp this thing nonstop or would I possibly have a chance of obtaining it?
    (0)

I don't see people camping to very often, Its not really the king of SMN bodies anymore, Its still useful, but most SMNs are lazy.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Not many people camp it, but many people still kill it. This is due to the fact that this is a popular area to do trials in, because of very low level Arcana type mobs. So it probably won't be up much, but you'll still be able to figure out the ToD if you pay some attention, and maybe you'll even get lucky.

Also, it's still the best looking SMN body, by far. And it also happens to be pretty useful still, one of the only Refresh bodies and huge BP delay reduction as well as Avatar enmity, which is kinda situational as you won't be using it for many BPs itself, but can still be of some use.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Only thing its really useful for is a BP Delay macro, and Avatar Enmity.

That Abyssea Body with HP/MP+100 has Regen and Refresh, Making it a better Idle piece, and You can cap BP Delay in a million ways without the YYrobe. So its not really a necessity anymore, It looks nice though
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Only thing its really useful for is a BP Delay macro, and Avatar Enmity.
    Refresh and BP delay. Avatar enmity rarely matters for when this body is applied and it helps avoiding another inventory slot for a Refresh body, unless you use it for other jobs anyway. And BP delay may be easy to cap, but again, this would save one inventory slot for killing two birds with one stone.

I admit though, that I missed that Pluviale also had Regen on it, so that would be a plus. It still looks ugly, while YYR is hot. Case in point:

(0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's a shame, I literally spend hours wide scanning in Ro'Mauve back in the day to get to ToD for this thing, and recently muled my Yinyang Robe since it wasn't being used. For the Refresh when idle or with Carbuncle out I use Marduk's, the Enmity+ isn't worth it anymore since I only use Carby for VW procs, and I have more BP delay- on Summoner's Doublet +2.
    It's still a great idle piece, and readily obtainable, just not "the best" anymore.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Refresh and BP delay. Avatar enmity rarely matters for when this body is applied and it helps avoiding another inventory slot for a Refresh body, unless you use it for other jobs anyway. And BP delay may be easy to cap, but again, this would save one inventory slot for killing two birds with one stone.
    Meh, Lets break it down/

BP Delay - What would you normally carry that has BP Delay on it?

Summoner's Horn +2 for Magical BPs - BP Delay -5
    Summoner's Bracers +2 for Everthing - BP Delay -4
    Tire. Cape (Pet:MAB) - BP Delay - 3
    SMN's Pigaches+1/+2 for Phys BP - BP Delay -3
    (Any Capped Staff) - BP Delay -BP Delay -12

So, The above is what you should actually already carry for your SMN for general BP's, (Except for capped staves, Just adding those in for completion). With that above, you can cap BP Delay, and since BP Delay is a "Pre-cast" Set, size won't matter.

As far as Refresh goes, Its a good Refresh body, But as i said, Pluviale is better for all around idle when i has the Regen and HP boost. plus, Pluviale can be used on multiple jobs.

YYrobe is really an obsolete piece for anything other than Avatar Enmity+, I mean, its a nice combo piece, but it doesn't offer anything new or unique like it used too.

Still, Its not to say don't get it, Its just that, You can perform without it, in all the same ways as someone with it.

This is nothing personally against you buddy, Just pointing out to any new SMN its not really the "NEED TO HAVE NOW" item it used to be. Plus, I agree, It looks nice
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    This is nothing personally against you buddy, Just pointing out to any new SMN its not really the "NEED TO HAVE NOW" item it used to be. Plus, I agree, It looks nice
    No need for the disclaimer, I know you by now. And I don't even disagree with anything you mentioned, as I said, I didn't consider the Regen on the Pluviale, so that's clearly the winner. And without it, Dalmy would also be slightly better for a Refresh piece, because of the higher base MP. You still assume a lot of AF2+2 gear imo, but maybe that's just my cheapness talking. And even without, BP delay is not at all hard to cap, but in those situations that body can really function as a valid inventory saver.

But as you said, it has lost a lot of its former glory, but thankfully none of its pimpness (which, I believe, is the technical term).
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯