Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Arahmm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 27

WOW! So helpful!

I've been following your advice since the beginning,since I'm a new player.
    The game still is so overwhelming but you help give it direction.
    Thanks SOOOOOO lunch.
    CHEERS! =)
    (0)

Character
    Maughn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryii View Post
    So in any case, get a linkshell. If you're on Leviathan and want one, you can always find me and ask.
    Totally necro-ing this thread bc my ls disbanded while I was away from the game for a while, and I have no FFXI friends anymore. :c I'm on Leviathan, in-game as Maughn, and I am sooooooo lonely. Also, I have missions that I need help with.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Haseokun View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where I should be leveling currently as a 61RDM/30WHM. I've been soloing as a RDM61/DNC30 for awhile due to how hard it is to get a party as a RDM/WHM instead of an RDM/BLM or RDM/SCH. I primarily have been leveling off of the Field Manuals in Altepa, but I find that more often then not my NPC and I get ambushed by an Ant, even if we just killed it 5 minutes ago. I focus on the page that involves killing a Cactaur and 10 Beetles. I believe it is page 3 of the Western Altepa Field Manual. It's worth mentioning that my NPC is only lv56 as well, and is set to Stalwart Shield. I do page 3 because page 4 takes way too long. More specifically it takes too long to find the Scorpions in comparison to the Anticans on Page 5 and the Beetles on Page 3. I set her that way so that I could be more of a DD RDM utilizing a combination of spells, dances, jigs, and dual wielding Clubs/Swords, and to worry less about tanking the hits off of her since I don't have Phalanx. She typically dies by using up her MP to Cure III herself when she isn't even hurt and running out of MP, which results in me having to Cure IV her twice. I even began taking Hi-Ether Tanks with me to save her from her own demise by offsetting her lack of mp with my own. I get the feeling I should be in a different area, and people continue to tell me to do Abyssea, which I always decline on. I've also had cases where I've been booted from a party for not having Phalanx, which is quite expensive and hard to get. I'd do the BCNM for it if I were in a BCNM based LS like I use to be, however I am a returning player, and no longer have an LS. I do however have 4 out of 5 pieces of my AF, the only piece missing being the Traders Chapeau Headwear that requires an NM fight. If you could, please mention some better places to solo for lv60-70 with my 56 NPC then Altepa. Altepa does have some good loot btw, primarily the Geodes that the Ants and Beetles drop which sell for 15k each on the Sylph server that I am on. I use to be on the Fairy server, before it was merged with Sylph. My in game name is the same as my forum name, Haseokun.
    I don't know why but Economizer should take off composure after you cast your self buff on yourself then you dont have to worrie about that. Another place to level hmmm there's Cape Teriggan doing pages or Kuftal Tunnel
    Bibiki Bay The Boyahda Tree a lot of places to solo as rdm. solo rdm doesn't have to melee rdm's greatest power and soloablity is in its nukes and kiting.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2