Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

An end to luck based content?

Is legion gonna be more of riding temp items/staggers/Atma/2hrs to win? All the latest endgame content (ADL/Rex/Alima) depend on either staggers/Temp items/2hr abilitys to not get our butts handed to us, are we gonna get back skill based content at all? Since abyssea everything added just about requires luck, ADL AoEs are all huge range, and you cant run to far away from VWNMs or you get locked out of the fight. I hope the devs are gonna add fights that don't need to end within 1-2 minutes or you have to keep the NM stagger locked due to massive AoE dmg/TP spam/annoying debilitation auras like Rex bio/HP-% aura.
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    ADl is skill or number. Voidwatch is number.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    ADL is not skill, stop being dumb.
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes that's why there is so much QQ over it. It's FFXI skill though, it's like salvage or limbus of back in the day : farm faster to get more drops. It's not dependent on luck really but more on the speed at which you can farm the pops and kill the pops. An alliance worth a damn should be bringing 6 SMN for every boss run and cor on mules to reset them so as topop at least 12 per run. 18 man -allaince should be able to farm close to 18 pops on a single dynamis run.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    18 man -allaince should be able to farm close to 18 pops on a single dynamis run.
    Usually takes us about an hour to farm 3 sets of items and kill all the pop NMs from scratch, that's with 9 people hunting lottery NMs for Bijous and 9 people doing pop NMs for tomes. No way anyone's farming anything close to 18 pops.

On topic hopefully this new legion will be more about skill and tactics, looks like being from the test server anyway. Saying that from one zone I saw there were 3 NMs, 1 could cast Death, 1 could charmga, and the 3rd could do both. Can we lay off the death please lol?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alkimi; 03-04-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Can we lay off the death please lol?
    Since I've first been hit in the face with that by a Goblin Golem I've always hated it. Death is completely retarded spell. No spell should ever be able to kill you without any possibility of preventing it (take Odin's Zantetsuken, for example, that was done well imo).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    more charm & death moves? good god they give everything 1 shots or AoE that will probably wipe you.
    (1)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Part that pisses me off about death, is that it goes through shadows? Kinda dumb lol. Can't make a NM immune to stun, and give it death haha. And I heard rumors of there being a charma soon? And like a amnesiana lol. Sounds really good to me
    And nothing in this game will require the skill that we used to need to kill stuff lol. Evasion means nothing on High tier content, paladins can't hold hate due to capping enmity quick, even with people spamming trick attack on him, and the monsters just do WAY to much damage given our hp. Even though we have PDT/MDT sets, i still get 1 shot by stupid aoe from stuff with 45% on each lol. Skill is no longer becoming a factor no matter how it plays out sadly.
    (1)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    true, they needed to overhaul the enmity system for a long time now.
    (1)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Anything that you can simply PD and zerg doesn't need skill, just luck.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast