Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Are they not planning on redoing salvage? Is it gonna just be abjuration type thingies like sky?
    Think they are planning Salvage updates in the future. So it could have potential.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    WHy does everyone think that they are the one special guy who is gonna get the augment item on the first run and then go 1/1 on the .000001% chance perfect augment?

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Think they are planning Salvage updates in the future. So it could have potential.
    Yeah, I hope so. Being as salvage is in direct competition with nyzul isle, they really need to either make it new and / or make the gear epic. They probably should look at adjusting the means of entry too.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 03-06-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What they should do is take a page out of their new nyzul and just use the same models but upgrade the stats, call it wtfever, throw on new sections for the event for lv99s and call it a day. I would rather see that long before more augments. Neo salvage. Neo einherjar. Neo assaults. Neo limbus. Neo fricking everything.

I don't care what they do. I just want to MOVE ON ALREADY. I did not want to level to 99 only to face the same exact content I did at 75.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vold; 03-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think the part that is confusing you good sir is they dont have the means to do what you are suggesting, ffxi is getting as little "neo" content as possible to keep people playing and paying

don't be delusional
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
    I think the part that is confusing you good sir is they dont have the means to do what you are suggesting, ffxi is getting as little "neo" content as possible to keep people playing and paying

don't be delusional

I'm pretty sure SE has the means to do it. They have just diverted those means to other projects. I think it's more apt to say they don't have the desire. You and I do agree that they're just coasting along counting on us not to quit in mass, but it's by choice not because they're that hard up for cash.
    (0)

Player
    augmented salvage gear? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Context my friend. My entire post you quoted that little excerpt from is my opinion on the Idea of Level 75 Salvage gear being upgraded to "Best of" Status through trials regarding more level 75 content.

Does this specifically relate to your opinion or what your OP consists of? No, It was not intended as a direct response to you. Just because you're the OP Doesn't mean my entire post was focused on your opinion. theres other people in this thread.

I'm not Dancing and/or Dodging around anything, Chiefy!
    Yeah actually you are seeing as you just completely avoided answering the question.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I like getting better random augments then being stuck to lack luster +2 pieces. If I can have acceptable augments and make it a progression i guess that is acceptable, but honestly SEs track record on RDM says that Blood Scale Mail and Zenith gear augmented is a lot more interesting than Relic +2. A little more Refresh, MAB, FC, and Enhancing magic pails in comparison to a TON of potential MAB, more FC, and a decent Haste Piece.
    There are no +1 Salvage pieces so where are you getting this "+2" from?

If the new Nyzul gear can be amazing (and it is) there is no reason why +1 Salvage upgrades couldn't also be amazing. I don't care if it's hard I just want to be certain of what I'm working toward.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 03-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Yeah actually you are seeing as you just completely avoided answering the question.
    Did you even read the second part? I full addressed my reasons, thoughts, feelings regarding making Level 75 Armor top dog would be unreasonable, comparing it to other events, as well as comparing it to other systems in place.

Also addressing how i feel its as idiotic as it was when it first was discussed when every cried about Salvage gear becoming outdated. Let me give you a brief synopsis:

Sh*t Happens. Its an MMO. Stuff gets outdated. New Gear replaces the old.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-07-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Did you even read the second part? I full addressed my reasons, thoughts, feelings regarding making Level 75 Armor top dog would be unreasonable, comparing it to other events, as well as comparing it to other systems in place.
    It wouldn't be 75 gear anymore though. The old 75 pieces would just be base pieces in new lvl 99 sets that would be just as hard as the upper tier Nyzul gear to obtain. They could reskin it and rename it if necessary.

Sh*t Happens. Its an MMO. Stuff gets outdated. New Gear replaces the old.
    This was not the case in FFXI for years and is imo part of the reason it lasted as long as it did. I've found myself gradually drifting away from the game since they've started making it like other MMOs in this regard. Why work hard for something when you know it'll eventually be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    What they should do is take a page out of their new nyzul and just use the same models but upgrade the stats, call it wtfever, throw on new sections for the event for lv99s and call it a day. I would rather see that long before more augments. Neo salvage. Neo einherjar. Neo assaults. Neo limbus. Neo fricking everything.
    Or use the existing Salvage sets as base pieces in new sets. Then you have new lvl 99 sets but it doesn't feel as if you wasted your time on the old lvl 75 sets (and those were made easier to obtain a while ago so people new to salvage won't have too much trouble getting the 75 sets, not to mention it will keep the old salvage areas in use as well)
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 03-07-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    It wouldn't be 75 gear anymore though. The old 75 pieces would just be base pieces in new lvl 99 sets that would be just as hard as the upper tier Nyzul gear to obtain. They could reskin it and rename it if necessary.
    I also addressed this.

This was not the case in FFXI for years and is imo part of the reason it lasted as long as it did.
    Yes it was. Salvage came along and outdated a lot of previous gear, If the cap had stayed 75, Salvage gear would have eventually been outdated as well, Otherwise there would be no logical point to conitnue playing once you've obtained salvage gear. I also addressed this.

I've found myself gradually drifting away from the game since they've started making it like other MMOs in this regard. Why work hard for something when you know it'll eventually be replaced?
    Its a living game, Why work hard for something when you know once you obtain it, there's going to be absolutely nothing else to ever obtain or work for again? Same logic applies. Its about the journey. You do it because its better than what you have now, and when the next thing comes along, you do it then.

By your logic, They should have stopped at sky gear. Salvage gear wasn't the first thing to be replaced, it won't be the last.

Speed Belt was recently fully replaced, I didn't hear anyone crying about that. Same for Trotter boots. People spent a long time getting those too. Sky gear got outdated. etc et

Or use the existing Salvage sets as base pieces in new sets.
    Addressed this in my last post...

Then you have new lvl 99 sets but it doesn't feel as if you wasted your time on the old lvl 75 sets (and those were made easier to obtain a while ago so people new to salvage won't have too much trouble getting the 75 sets, not to mention it will keep the old salvage areas in use as well)
    Addressed that in my last post too too. I addressed pretty much all of your posts and ideas in my last post.

My only complain would be taking level 75 armor, upgrading it to be the best level 99 armor via doing more level 75 content. If it was upgraded to 99 through level 99 Content, Its all peachy to me.

You argue that why bother getting new gear if its going to be outdated? You shouldn't play MMO' plain and simple with that train of thought. Nothing personal, But that train of thought doesn't mesh with a MMO. If you want a game where you can see the best armor, obtain it, and it never gets old, Play a single player Game.

Its an MMO, You may not like or agree with it, But that means it will constantly be updated and constantly change, with that, Armor is outdated.
    (4)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast