Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

Say no to Salvage and Limbus synergy augments.

Devs, were you not paying attention to how much people hated Zilart gear synergy augments? Have you forgotten the riot that ensued when you announced that the Relic gear upgrades would use the same system?

PEOPLE HATE RANDOM AUGMENTS ON EVENT GEAR. PEOPLE ALSO HATE SYNERGY. AND THEY ESPECIALLY HATE IT WHEN YOU COMBINE THE TWO.

Stop trying to do this, people don't like it. Just stop. You're starting to look like Hideo Kojima trying to make people like Raiden. Just give us +1 versions upgraded by drops from that event by the event's corresponding NPC (e.g Wilhelm for Limbus gear)
    (49)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Last I checked, people didn't like the synergy augments because they ended up being crappy (for the most part), not because they used Synergy.
    (13)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    yes to synergy and random augments on gear.

No to static augments like AF2+2 because they (for the most part) suck, as expected. Some of the sky augments are still the best at level 75. Is there actually a piece of AF2 that is good at 99, and wasn't used before? Not a lot. The Devs said on multiple occasion that static augments imply crap stats, and the only way to get good stats is randomness.
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Having salvage gear be augment is actually good to revive alex into the market for mythic weapons. Will prob need to get tatters from 15/25/35 pieces which means more people would do Salvage to get them and since you would take time getting the stats you want, people will keep doing it, thus, alex will enter the market again.
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    yes to synergy and random augments on gear.

No to static augments like AF2+2 because they (for the most part) suck, as expected. Some of the sky augments are still the best at level 75. Is there actually a piece of AF2 that is good at 99, and wasn't used before? Not a lot. The Devs said on multiple occasion that static augments imply crap stats, and the only way to get good stats is randomness.

Nobody cares that Relic gear augments suck because the base stats of the +2 upgrade are good. Limbus and Salvage upgrades should be +1 versions that are upgraded through items that drop from new Limbus and Salvage areas and bosses by turning in the item and the trophies to the NPC that originally provided the gear, Wilhelm for Limbus stuff and Ghanraam for Salvage.
    (6)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd rather have crap gear that no one uses than good gear that takes an undefined of tries of grinding old bullshit for the hell of it to obtain. Random augments suck, even if they'd good. Those two things are unrelated. They still suck and they will always suck.
    (15)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Devs, were you not paying attention to how much people hated Zilart gear synergy augments? Have you forgotten the riot that ensued when you announced that the Relic gear upgrades would use the same system?

PEOPLE HATE RANDOM AUGMENTS ON EVENT GEAR. PEOPLE ALSO HATE SYNERGY. AND THEY ESPECIALLY HATE IT WHEN YOU COMBINE THE TWO.

Stop trying to do this, people don't like it. Just stop. You're starting to look like Hideo Kojima trying to make people like Raiden. Just give us +1 versions upgraded by drops from that event by the event's corresponding NPC (e.g Wilhelm for Limbus gear)
    No. YOU hate the system. Not the people. This got old btw one year ago. Are you really starting it up again?

I've been tearing my hair out lately because Sky has gotten busy lately with farmers eager to get those #1 augs. Because the people overwhelmingly approve of it. No one likes the shot in the dark aspect but it pays off sooner or later, not to mention there is allure to not knowing the outcome until that very moment stats pop up.

Just eff'n stop it. It got old a year ago because you're the ONLY PERSON who doesn't like it enough to spew the bullshit that comes out of your mouth.

We tried the static aug bullcrap. We see how that come out. I rather go random despite the stupid factor of it sometimes(HQ1 being better than HQ3)
    (13)
    Last edited by Vold; 03-03-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    [..] Because the people overwhelmingly approve of it. [..]
    What? Who? Not only do I not see anyone doing it, but even if they did that does not mean anyone at all approves of it. It just means they ran out of other stuff to do, which is very likely at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Just eff'n stop it. It got old a year ago because you're the ONLY PERSON who doesn't like it enough to spew the bullshit that comes out of your mouth.
    I'm perplexed. You seriously don't remember the shitstorm that ensued when SE even just cautiously asked whether we wanted static or random augments? I only remember one person of the dozens who commented that they'd prefer random augments, and even they were being hesitant with their arguments because they were aware they were arguing against everyone. The entire thread was people bitching about SE even considering using random augments and everyone went on to list the drawbacks and downsides. What the hell are you talking about? Or are you just trolling me, in which case I admit you got me good.
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    and we saw the results: 6 month later SE finally came up with af2 augments, 95% of which plain sucked.
    (1)

Player
    I'd rather have gear that's actually useful than static augments that blow.
    (1)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast