Player

Friends/playonline friends list problems.FIX

friends showing up as offline under FFXI friends list; even if their online!

I came back to ffxi 4 weeks ago.
    i did a server merge.
    I changed my characters name.
    i deleted my original handle? (handles) & deleted all my friends.

I re-named the handle to match my new character on the new server, now; whenenever I /befriend people it ONLY shows them as offline. They say sometimes it doesnt show me online either.

things I did to fix.
    deleted/remade several handles trying to fix.
    deleted all friends everytime.
    put privacy settings on "everyone"
    made sure status was "online"
    checked files
    opened "all" ports

please help..
    (0)

Player
    so im told once you do a server merge, you lose all function of in-game friend-list options. ?? mmmm. no where in the server merge sign up do i remember reading this. UPDATE a fix to this. please.
    (0)

Greetings Mcclain,

Thank you very much for posting your concern over being unable to see online players who are on your friends list properly. And this would be more of a technical issue, so to help get this resolved for you as quickly as possible we will go ahead and move this thread over to the Technical Support section of the forum. Also, for clarification can you please tell us which files you scanned when you did the file check? As it can help to check both your Game Files and the PlayOnline Viewer Files in such cases. Thank you again Mcclain and take care.
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    As a suggestion, you can try to do (first make sure you have both PlayOnline and Square Enix management login details written in a sheet of paper and optionally have also you POL email account password) is delete your PlayOnline account from the PlayOnline viewer login screen and add it again.

What that achieves is:

Delete logs of all old messages, logs of activity for friend list and POL user groups, all received emails and attachments and temporary game related contents (screenshots, wallpapers, mail greeting cards, locally saved macros). While you lose locally stored data, any data that is on FFXI folder is not touched so the currently active macros set on your character are unlikely to be affected.

I had issues with my friend list months ago and deleting the local account from my PlayOnline viewer install was the only fix for the issue. And consider that I never did a server move or anything similar.

Hope this helps you.

P.S.: Aways make sure you have all of your account information written down on paper and keep it stored in a safe place. Do not rely on having it saved on POL Viewer.
    (0)