Adjustment ideas

I was wondering if SE would make it possible to use Charm even with Call Beast activated.

Not so much as to be able to have two pets all the time, but to utilize the charm /ja for pulling/claiming, dyna procs, binding mobs, etc. while still having a jug pet out.

The idea of two pets would be nice, but I know that would get shot down quicker than a NIN Throwing WS thread.

Also- in regards to T2 merits:

Would it be possible to adjust Feral Howl to a 3-5 min recast with extra merits increasing acc/duration of effect.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I was wondering if SE would make it possible to use Charm even with Call Beast activated.

Not so much as to be able to have two pets all the time, but to utilize the charm /ja for pulling/claiming, dyna procs, binding mobs, etc. while still having a jug pet out.

The idea of two pets would be nice, but I know that would get shot down quicker than a NIN Throwing WS thread.

Also- in regards to T2 merits:

Would it be possible to adjust Feral Howl to a 3-5 min recast with extra merits increasing acc/duration of effect.
    uhmmm I think throwing ws would be fantistic for nin....

but they already announced they were changing feral howl to a 5 min recast and additional merits will increase accuracy...

making charm usable for a bind when already having a pet would be great.
    making tame and gauge more useful would be fantastic as well (if gauge had a secondary effect like libra or some other insite into a mob) and tame could tame a mob even if you have a pet would be fantastic crowd control tools.
    (6)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    making charm usable for a bind when already having a pet would be great.
    making tame and gauge more useful would be fantastic as well (if gauge had a secondary effect like libra or some other insite into a mob) and tame could tame a mob even if you have a pet would be fantastic crowd control tools.
    I agree with all the points Xilk's made about adjusting these three ja that only take up space in a Beastmasters job abilities in all new content since Abyssea. It would only make more sense to have a use for our JA instead of not being able to utilize them in any way at all.
    (3)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Player
    Charm
    - Allow charm to be used when Beastmaster already has a pet.
    - If used while BST already has a pet, allow charm to occasionally "Stun" the target.
    Stun effect should be a reasonable accuracy, perhaps a bit lower than Dancer's Flourish and Blue's headbutt.
    Beastmaster Main Job Only

Tame
    - Lower the recast on Tame to 5 mins.
    - Allow Tame to remove "Charm" state from players that have been charmed and temporarily grants immunity to charm to that player for the next ~180 seconds.
    Beastmaster Main Job Only

Example: Paladin gets charmed by monster. Beastmaster uses "Tame" on Paladin, Paladin is no longer charmed and now has immunity to charm for ~3 minutes.

Feral Howl
    - Have Terror effect last 10~15 seconds.
    - Allow this ability to be effective on ALL monsters including Notorious Monsters. However, as a trade off, it can only be land on a monster once. (like Steal). For instance, after using Feral Howl on a monster, that monster would become completely immune to the ability until it dies, or goes unclaimed and regenerates 100% HP. This way the ability cannot be abused even if there are multiple beasmatsers in a party and BST would be a bit more attractable on serious battle content.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 03-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.