Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Enlightenment What do you expect?

We know what we are getting from the strats as they don't have a recast reduction but enlightenment does so what do you expect to see?

I would like to see something like this:

each merit adds +5 to magic skills 5/5 = +25 to magic skills with enlightenment active this goes with what the Relic +2 body's aug is as it is +2 to skills for each merit (+35 total) doesn't seem broken when u account for the 5min recast

I think it is where they might be going with it and as a Enhancing magic junky I'm liking the what i think i might be seeing
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    We know what we are getting from the strats as they don't have a recast reduction but enlightenment does so what do you expect to see?

I would like to see something like this:

each merit adds +5 to magic skills 5/5 = +25 to magic skills with enlightenment active this goes with what the Relic +2 body's aug is as it is +2 to skills for each merit (+35 total) doesn't seem broken when u account for the 5min recast

I think it is where they might be going with it and as a Enhancing magic junky I'm liking the what i think i might be seeing
    It's good, but with the cap on 500 enhancing skill it will add little to anything other than Phalanx (not sure if that caps)
    (1)

Player
    I honestly don't know.

I'm incline to go with what you've suggested, but that doesn't really make sense. Enlightenment was made to let us cast from the opposite Addendum; currently all I can think of using it for is an extra +10 Enhancing skill on spells in my current Addendum (not even that, a subjob spell and 2hr).

I've always complained at the base idea of Enlightenment being flawed since I rarely need one spell from the opposite Addendum and I'd much rather have Stratagems there too, maybe at the very least Enlightenment will last for 1~5 spell casts or ideally swap your Addendum for 1~5 minutes (doubt that will happen since Enlightenment has its own status effect, an ability that permanently swaps your Addendum would be great though).

Maybe they could have it so it automatically applies Stratagems for free. 1 merit Addendum (what it currently is), 2 merit -50% MP, 3 merits -50% cast time, 4 merits Rapture/Ebullience potency and 5 merits AoE. At face value that AoE could be a massive annoyance, but if you're already using it for Phalanx or Embrava you're doing it Stratagem free (though that is a redundant point when it comes to Embrava), using it to access -nas from Dark Arts and you get it Accessioned, use it for Sleep/Break and you get Manifestation should it be needed, use it to nuke and you don't have to worry about Manifestation. Balance-wise, it doesn't technically apply the Stratagems, just grants Enlightenment their effect, so you don't get to use gear with it.

I should stop, I'm getting my hopes up. -2% MP cost and cast time per merit inc, because it should already be doing that.
    (1)