Job Adjustment: Ranger - Flashy Shot

Greetings!

We will be making adjustments to the planned Flashy Shot changes announced previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    • Flashy Shot
      • Recast time will be reduced from twenty minutes to ten.
      • Additional merit points will no longer affect recast time, but instead increase ranged attack by 3 percent per point.
    By increasing ranged attack, the effect of Flashy Shot was able to deal more damage to lower level enemies, but as a result of repeated testing we’ve decided to give it another look.

Since Stealth Shot reduces enmity and can be stacked with other damage related abilities, we would like this aspect to shine more and are planning to increase the effect values a bit for Flashy Shot.

Post-change effect
    • Flashy Shot
      • Recast time will be reduced from twenty minutes to ten.
      • Additional merit points will no longer affect recast time, but instead increase ranged attack by 5 percent per point.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Flashy Shot lasts for one attack and it will be usable every ten minutes. Increased ranged attack is very a good idea in general, but why not a more drastic increase? Ten minutes is a very long time in Final Fantasy XI.
    (5)

Player
    Basically a "berserk" effect for one shot (-pdif penalty). Appreciate the effort, but every RNG should have 5/5 snapshot, and now with scout's beret +2, every RNG should have 5/5 recycle as well. The dev team can modify flashy and stealth shot as much as they want, but until we're allowed more than 10 points to spend, the changes are absolutely pointless.

Recycle (with scout's beret +2 augment) and snapshot affect, or have the potential to affect, every shot that's fired. Flashy shot affects one shot... every 10 minutes.

Suggestion: move either snapshot or recycle to group 1. This will require you to give RNG these trait(s) natively, but honestly, RNG should have native snapshot/recycle.
    (3)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    The 5% r.atk increase on each merit is very nice. However, 10min for a 1 shot deal seems like a very long time.I think lowering the recast timer to 5min would be much better and still keep the job balanced. My reason for this is Flashy Shot is best used with WSs and a 10min recast timer does not allow Flashy Shot to really impact RNG's overall WS damage not to mention there are multiple ways to lose TP rendering it almost pointless to even have at max merits.

I think a 5min recast timer would greatly increase the value on Flashy Shot and make it a more competitive Group 2 merit.
    (3)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Man 10mins is way too long. I have flashy shot to make EES worthwhile to use tbh. Maybe something like 3 or 5mins would be best since it's simply a stronger attack (does it stack with all 3 jishnu shots?) and you guys say it helps vs lower levels.. we don't need to be super strong for 1 shot to fight a lower level mob. Keeping it on for a duration of 30 secs or so would probably be a better fix tbh.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I can't think of anything more useless for rng than a modest bump to ranged attack (less than what you can get 100% of the time by using food) every 10 minutes. Reduce the recast time to 10 mins. Keep the effect as eliminating level differences. Have the effect last for 1 min plus 1 min per merit. Then you might have something worthwhile.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I want to be unnerfed for 30secs and i want a button for it.
    (0)