Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Player
    Can we not use Synergy for this please? I'd quite like to put a "[Sotek]" on such a staff, that and I just hate Synergy with a burning passion, mostly the "[Sotek]" thing though.
    • Use Synergy to make a Prism Bead and give Woodworking itself the Prism Staff recipe in the 110 range since that is sourly lacking for Woodworking right now.
    • What exactly does Iridescence do?
    • Can we get a higher level set of Elemental Staves that use the Elemental Gems introduced for Lv.86 gear as an alternative to Trials weapons, which can be combined as well. This would fill the 110 gap for Woodworking instead of my first point.

Ok, so my main issue with this being Synergy is that 110 Woodworking is almost completely pointless and I take serious issue with that, and Prism Staff could have so easily addressed that. I'm vain enough to make not being able to put my name on the weapon a serious issue, though.

Iridescence might well be good enough to bring a Prism Staff up to a viable alternative to Trials weapons, in which case there would be no need for higher level Elemental Staves, but I'm not going to hold my breath and I'd rather know if it's stupid now so I can at least try and get that message across, rather than logging in after my long hiatus to make this weapon, test it, be disappointed and log back off again. Honestly though, it really sounds like something that should have gone on Tupsimati rather than a Prism Staff...

People will probably take issue with me suggesting an alternative to Trials staves as if I mean to replace them, but that's not what I'm suggesting. Trials staves could technically remain stronger through the additional stats like -cast time, but an alternative you can buy off the Auction House would certainly be welcome (plus the weapon design would be better). Eight such staves alone would probably fix my current issues with Woodworking so a Prism Staff of the high level ones could go to Synergy, if the fact that I want to sign such a weapon isn't a valid complaint. Fun fact: It is. Iridescence might make this a bit iffy but that isn't really something that would be hard to address (if Iridescence gives +5% damage overall, take 5% off the staff itself).
    (3)

Player
    i'd venture to guess iridescence is an obi like effect.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    i'd venture to guess iridescence is an obi like effect.
    I actually kind of expect that, since it would just be such a huge troll move to make us pick between proper gear and 15 extra inventory spaces, which has FFXI development team written all over it.

I'd prefer it to be like the Twilight Cape effect but I'm going to go with my bottom expectation for now; "Depending on the current weather, the staff will glow a different colour!" based on what Iridescence means, though in all likelihood it's probably just their way of putting the additional elemental damage on the weapon.
    (0)

If Iridescence is just the normal day/weather bonus it won't all be roses and sunshine, you will get a damage penalty when using a spell weak against the element of that day or weather. If you are SCH or /SCH you can get the weather bonus or at least prevent the penalty, but the day can make it a wash gain-wise. (And if you are /SCH, you won't have Thunderstorm, Voidstorm, or Aurorastorm so you would get a constant penalty for Water, Light, and Dark on those respective days. But no one really cares about Water nukes anyway...) If you don't have storm spells available, I imagine that that could be quite inconvenient.
    (1)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The staff looks promising, just please dear god! Don't make it for Synergy... I hate having to rely on that horrid system...
    (1)
    Last edited by Scuro; 07-16-2012 at 07:49 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Im all for this being synergy for the simple reason of possible custom augments (if they go that route) and so when crafting it, altana doesnt just decide to be unmerciful and smite one or more of your ingredients out of existence. Harder crafting system or not, i HATE to watch my materials explode.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    The staff looks promising, just please dear god! Don't make it for Synergy... I hate having to rely on that horrid system...
    I thought it was already confirmed it would be a Synergy Recipe with Woodworking requirements >__>? Or am I remembering it wrong.
    (2)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    hope it lines up well i mean id be fine with just INT and mnd + 10 however affinity wise hope its a bit bigger maybe affinity + 3 as the ele staves are + 2 @ HQ so a near x2 lvl differnece id exspect a bit more
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Kiriah
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    One staff to rule them all.. Man, I love this idea but i hate synergy>< gogo inventory! my mage classes have a whopping two inventory when i carry my gear><
    (0)

Player
    i wish they would let us combine the trial of the magian staves this way. that would be nice trade all element damages staves with 30 of each rock type like carbites ifrtities and so on
    (3)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast