Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Prism Staff (name pending)

Remember way back when we mentioned that we were looking into the creation of a prism staff that would combine all the elemental staves together? Well, I have some good news. It seems like the development team has finalized the graphics for it and are currently working on the possible stats for it (listed below).

• Base stats:
    DMG: 35 Delay: 356
    STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+9 MND+9 CHR+4
    (Affinity: magic attack +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)

• Prism staff original stats
    • Additional damage
    • Cure potency+
    • Healing MP
    • All elemental resistances +
    The specific values for the stats are going through their final adjustments and will be decided afterwards. We will be looking into possibly increasing the base CHR a bit.

However, since there are limitations for the amount of stats that can be added to a single item, it will not be possible for this item to possess every one of these stats. With this said, we are working on this with the assumption that some of these stats may be eliminated in the adjustment process.

Similar to the existing elemental staves, we plan on keeping this prism staff equipable by all jobs, but the level that you can use it will be well above level 51.

While it will be quite a bit before we can implement or even show this item off, we will be sure to let you know once everything is good to go.
    (40)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Better than vulcan for WF spam? What's the catch?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Better than vulcan for WF spam? What's the catch?
    It is crafted using your left arm, someone you dearly love, and something you really wanted to have for dinner tonight.

Also, it's really only useful for Blue Mage and Corsair. I have both of those jobs, though, so I'm pretty excited by this.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Remember way back when we mentioned that we were looking into the creation of a prism staff that would combine all the elemental staves together? Well, I have some good news. It seems like the development team has finalized the graphics for it and are currently working on the possible stats for it (listed below).

The specific values for the stats are going through their final adjustments and will be decided afterwards. We will be looking into possibly increasing the base CHR a bit.

However, since there are limitations for the amount of stats that can be added to a single item, it will not be possible for this item to possess every one of these stats. With this said, we are working on this with the assumption that some of these stats may be eliminated in the adjustment process.

Similar to the existing elemental staves, we plan on keeping this prism staff equipable by all jobs, but the level that you can use it will be well above level 51.

While it will be quite a bit before we can implement or even show this item off, we will be sure to let you know once everything is good to go.
    Dearest Camate,

I have two requests.

Firstly, if there is a prism staff, please make sure that it is Magic Affinity Damage as opposed to Magic Attack Bonus because these things are calculated very differently for spells. A ten percent increase in Magic Affinity damage (AKA Magic Affinity Damage +1) is a much larger effect than Magic Attack Bonus +10. (It may just be a translation error, I just want to be sure that it will be the same effect.)

Secondly, could we have prism staves for the various magian trials? Septimus has 8 Avatar Perpetuation staves along with the 8 level 51 staves that I need for RDM. (Mind you, those perp staves are entirely useless now thanks to the upcoming change in elemental spirit cost, it would be great if something else were added to them like Avatar Haste or gobs of attack so I don't feel that I wasted my time making them.) Atumre currently has 4 Elemental damage staves to 90+ (and working on the other 4) along with the 8 level 51 staves that I need for WHM, BRD, SCH, and BLM. While a prism staff for the 51 staves would be awesome for our inventory, those of us who made Magian staves would like a little love as well. We shouldn't be punished for going the extra mile on our jobs.
    (9)
    Last edited by Septimus; 03-01-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Clarifying on the first point.

Player
    Allow me to help them out then.

• Base stats:
    STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 AGI+10 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10
    (Affinity: magic attack bonus +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)

• Cure potency+
    There, I did a month's worth of SE-work for you.
    (7)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Allow me to help them out then.

There, I did a month's worth of SE-work for you.
    You forgot the -20% PDT. I'd rather have that than the cure potency.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

I've always been for this idea. I am also hoping that there is a HQ counterpart with comparable stats (particularly with regards to MAB v. Magic Affinity and Magic Accuracy). I currently have all Avatar staves save for Carbuncle and no plans to do separate staves for BLM, RDM, and SCH. This idea will definitely save a ton of space for my mage jobs.
    (1)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    • Base stats:
    STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 AGI+10 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10
    (Affinity: magic attack bonus +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)

• Cure potency+
    This or something like this, please. The majority of players understand that some of that stats will have to be cut, but if the Development Bros end up cutting +STR/DEX/ETC. or Cure Potency to make room for elemental resistances and "additional effect" damage, there will be rage.
    (2)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-01-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Clarified the kind of additional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Dearest Camate,

I have two requests.

Firstly, if there is a prism staff, please make sure that it is Magic Affinity Damage as opposed to Magic Attack Bonus because these things are calculated very differently for spells. A ten percent increase in Magic Affinity damage (AKA Magic Affinity Damage +1) is a much larger effect than Magic Attack Bonus +10. (It may just be a translation error, I just want to be sure that it will be the same effect.)

Secondly, could we have prism staves for the various magian trials? Septimus has 8 Avatar Perpetuation staves along with the 8 level 51 staves that I need for RDM. (Mind you, those perp staves are entirely useless now thanks to the upcoming change in elemental spirit cost, it would be great if something else were added to them like Avatar Haste or gobs of attack so I don't feel that I wasted my time making them.) Atumre currently has 4 Elemental damage staves to 90+ (and working on the other 4) along with the 8 level 51 staves that I need for WHM, BRD, SCH, and BLM. While a prism staff for the 51 staves would be awesome for our inventory, those of us who made Magian staves would like a little love as well. We shouldn't be punished for going the extra mile on our jobs.
    While I am not 100% sure whether this would be similar to the Magian staves, I have corrected my original post to just state "magic attack" since the Japanese did not specifically state bonus. I will ask about this and see if I can get a response.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tiberius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95
    If some of the more beneficial effects are going to be removed, can we at least get -PDT on it then?
    (1)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast