Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I agree with the PDT rally but since they never brought it up, I doubt they want to do that. That said, since magian staffs remain supreme, "what else" goes on these staffs is mostly directed towards the oddities that use staff: BLU and COR. As such, most of the buffs like evasion or hMP are an utter waste.
    This is my exact line of thought, also.

-20% Physical Damage Taken would be awesome. Probably too awesome for the Development Bros to consider putting it on the Rainbow Stick, but I'd be overjoyed if I am wrong.

I'd prefer +9~ STR/DEX/INT/MND/ETC. to most things because base statistics do more for my Charged Whiskers and Everyone's Grudges than whatever else might end up on the Rainbow Stick, even if it's not a huge bonus. The everything burrito nature of the bonus would actually work really well for the weird modifiers most better magical Blue Magic possess.

I wouldn't mind having +15 Ranged Attack for Corsair, but that's about the only secondary bonus I can see "non-mage stick people" making use of. Cure Potency will be a nice space-saver for Blue Mage if it's included, though.

Also, I want to echo a hope that many have expressed. A hope against hope. A hope that shines in the darkness like the wrapper the last uneaten Cadbury caramel egg on May the third. The hope that some kind of combined version of some group or groups of Magian staves is coming.
    (4)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-01-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I forgot that not everybody is fat enough to eat stuff outside the scope of time and space.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Am I the only one who absolutely couldn't care less about any additional effects? So what if you need a Terra's and an Arka IV (and possibly a Pluto's) in addition to that, it would still cut the staves you need to carry by a lot.

Personally, I'm disappointed as well. This staff should have been released years ago. Sure, there's still some people out there who'd benefit from it, but I'd have to gimp my playstyle extremely to get a use out of this. I really don't get SE's reasoning behind this, why do they release this after making items with Affinity +6 on them? I hate how afraid they are of overpowering things that they only shell out half assed junk like this. But whatever, I guess it's a tiny step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Firstly, if there is a prism staff, please make sure that it is Magic Affinity Damage as opposed to Magic Attack Bonus [..]
    I'm pretty sure it's just the wording. Magic Affinity, to players' current knowledge consists of three parts, damage, accuracy and perpetuation cost. I'd see no reason why they'd add another aspect to it at this point in time, especially if they're trying to combine staves that affect those three parts in particular. It would be pretty pointless if it was MAB instead of damage affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    (And apparently the Magian staves work slightly differently from the level 51 staves, but someone far mathier than I would have to explain that.)
    That's not about math, really. The effects are applied seperately, but they're still the same effects using the same formulas. One of them adds to the elemental bonus from certain Atma (trial staves), while the other is multiplied afterwards (Lv51 elemental staves), that's the only way we can even tell the difference. But I can't think of any non-Atma situation where there would be a difference. They're both subject to all other rules, only they take two seperate steps in the evaluation chain, which leads to believe that they're considered different effects. Still has virtually no effect on the end-user.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    beyond a rainbow version of 51 staffs (hopefully this one is all jobs just for the blu's and other jobs that make use of affinity effects) could we please see rainbow magian staffs? one for each path if you were actually dedicated enough to make all 8 in that damn series, the trial would require all 8 99 versions to make or something.

also on the same note for elemental obi's and grips/perhaps even add in a storage slip for gorget/belts... its items like these where if you play multiple jobs they eat the hell out of your inventory space...
    (6)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Elemental/Weather Gear
    There are many day/weather items in the game. People have suggested combining them all into single items, due to the limited inventory space in this game. Because of the way some items have negative side effects for the opposite element, (and the limit to how many stats can be on a single item) in my opinion, a more logical solution would be to combine them into two items each, according to the elemental affinities governing skillchains, like this:
    "Radiant" (light, fire, wind, thunder)
    "Gloom" (dark, earth, ice, water)

4 light & 4 dark basic staves (earth staff, light staff, etc) become Radiant Staff and Gloom Staff (basic quality items)
    4 light & 4 dark high quality staves (Terra's Staff, Apollo's Staff, etc) become Alexander's Staff and Odin's Staff (or Altana/Promathia)
    4 light & 4 dark obi become Radiant Obi and Gloom Obi.
    4 light & 4 dark gorgets become Radiant Gorget and Gloom Gorget.

Makes sense to me, anyway. Saves space and probably keeps all the relevant stats people want the originals for.
    (8)

Character
    Mindi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    i somehow hoped they make it Affinity+3 Stronger then lv 51 ones but still weaker then Magian staffs and whoever want max dmg+/acc+/whatever will still carry all his magian staffs.
    (0)

6. 03-01-2012 08:12 PM

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Could drop the Stats+9 since those are minor boosts and can be replaced with other things like Ranged Attack/PDT/Cure Potency/Crit+15% etc
    They can't, stats like STR are hard-coded in the item structure, so it won't give more room for other stats by excluding them.

My suggestion would be to make this a true magic staff, and don't include melee additional stats.
    Base stats:
    • DMG: 35 Delay: 356
    • STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+9 MND+9 CHR+9
    Additional stats:
    • Magic Affinity (All) +3 (Magic Damage, Magic Accuracy, Perpetuation)
    • Elemental Resistance (All) +30
    • (Magic) Damage Taken -20%
    • Converts 5% of damage taken to MP

Oh, and please make this a woodworking skill 100 recipe that involves the existing lvl 51 staves. Woodworking (100)
    Yield: Prism Staff
    HQ 1: Crystal Staff
    Light Crystal
    * Light Staff
    * Dark Staff
    * etc

Yield: Crystal Staff
    HQ 1: Crystal Staff
    Light Crystal
    * Apollo's Staff
    * Pluto's Staff
    * etc
    (1)
    Last edited by Kristal; 03-01-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    They can't, stats like STR are hard-coded in the item structure, so it won't give more room for other stats by excluding them.
    Really? That's the first time I'm hearing about this. How do you know?
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I just want a staff that I can equip that has the damage, the bonus of all 8 elemental staves, and something extra. Inventory is becoming a MAJOR issue even with 11 mules.
    (1)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    all this discussion about what stats to have or not have is all based on what that person would use the staff for. thats why I think half the stats should be on a grip, but make them all latent or something so they only kick in if you have the staff. I'm sure with staff/grip combo we wouldn't have to lose any stats.

and please dont make it Synergy. have something like

Alchemy 100
    Crystal- w/e
    all 8 beads or if you want to make it expensive all 8 Avatar-ites (carbite etc)

this would be the Prism bead used for the staff

Woodworking 100
    Wind crystal
    Prism bead
    Jacaranda Lumber

i dont want something like 100 synergy dump all 8 staffs in a furnace and you magically get 1 staff (it would make no sense)

plus if its a craft we can get them signed if we want. im sure a some people would want to so off the name of their friend that made the staff

as for the look of the staff, have it look like the others but Pulse, glow, or shift through the 8 colors
    (2)
    Last edited by Tile; 03-02-2012 at 01:42 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I keep seeing everyone requesting -pdt and no one asking for -dt. Did I miss something?
    (1)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast