Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

So after the adjustment to Group 2 Stratagems...

Did you change your merit setup at all?

I went from having:
    5/5 Stormsurge
    5/5 Enlightenment

to having:
    5/5 Stormsurge
    1/5 Enlightenment
    4/5 Equanimity

But... Even with the new reduced stratagem cost, these merits still feel just as useless as before. Does anyone agree with me?
    (0)

Player
    5/5 Stormsurge
    1/5 Enlightenment
    4/5 Tranquility

Tranquility is going to be damned good after the Healing Magic adjustment, potentially a better choice for Cure Stratagem than Rapture.

Waiting on the Enlightenment changes too, though I doubt SE can ever make Enlightenment worthwhile.
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    5/5 Stormsurge
    1/5 Enlightenment
    4/5 Equanimity

Didn't change mine at all.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    5/5 Stormsurge
    1/5 Enlightenment
    4/5 Tranquility

Tranquility is going to be damned good after the Healing Magic adjustment, potentially a better choice for Cure Stratagem than Rapture.

Waiting on the Enlightenment changes too, though I doubt SE can ever make Enlightenment worthwhile.
    I really wonder, because with Heka's Kalasiris giving so much cure potency, you can cap cure potency and enmity -.
    So is it really that good ?

5/5 Stormsurge
    1/5 Enlightenment
    4/5 Equanimity

I was 4/5 Equanimity, and just put it at 0 because i got a lot in voidwatch as a nuker, and had a bunch of erase to do, so Enlightenment 1/5 was not enough.
    I'm still wondering which combinaison is the best among merit T2.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yukichibi; 02-29-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Still 5/5 Enlightenment and 5/5 Stormsurge. +10 to all stats (specifically enhancing magic) is very important for me, as I use Embrava quite frequently.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Player
    I really wonder, because with Heka's Kalasiris giving so much cure potency, you can cap cure potency and enmity -.
    So is it really that good ?
    Tranquility and Equanimity pushed beyond the enmity cap from what I remember. Tranquility on Cure IV (which is going to be about 40% more potent after the adjustments) will effectively give it a similar, or even lower, enmity gain than Cure V/VI. Not to mention you have Regen V healing a small part as well. Rapture is becoming more and more like Divine Seal in my opinion.
    (2)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I currently still have 5/5 stormsurge and enlightment because I don't know what I want to change to yet. I was thinking either 5/5 tranquility or equanimity for the -enm and 5/5 enlightenment for +10 enhancing skill. Or 5/5 tranquility and 4/5 equanmity and 1/5 enlightenment. I'm really thinking about dropping stormsurge because the only beneficial one for mages is hailstorm int and I use thunderstorm unless im in abyssea. For melee, I think they will be ok without my +7(12) to stats. It's really a hard choice though because these are all good merits for sch and i'm unsure of what I want at the moment.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    To be honest, all of the melees and 90% of the BLMs I've played with couldn't care less about whether or not I cast weather on them. Sometimes I feel like I'm just wasting effort making sure everyone's covered, and most of the time I feel like it doesn't make a difference anyways.

Maybe I just play with terrible players, but stormsurge seems just as useless as the rest of the Group 2 merits. After thinking more about what Sotek said, tranquility might be the only useful one after the update.
    (0)

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    1/5 Enlightenment, 1/5 Stormsurge, 5/5 Equanimity, which I already had before the change. All this changed is that I really spam Equanimity now instead of using it when I'm dangerously close to 100% enmity.

The other two didn't matter enough to me to bother putting more points into either. I'm thinking to just get rid of Stormsurge completely and put the rest into Tranquility.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The proposed Cure updates (as seen on the test server) have made me a very happy scholar. After seeing the new numbers for Cure IV, I think it's quite clear that the update will make Tranquility the must-have stratagem for SCH.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast