Character
    Akisu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Pupppet dying kills Master in KS99

I was in Horns of War KS99 on PUP with some friends, and around 3:53pm EST, standing well beyond any AoE range as per pet fights go... Meteor killed my puppet, and I died with it with nothing in my log, or any of my friends logs. There were people standing a bit closer to the behemoth than me, and they didn't get hit by any AoE, so I'm sure I didn't, between that and nothing in my log. Not sure what happened, but figured I'd toss a bug report up just incase.
    (0)

Hello Akisu,

Thank you very much for posting your concern over dying from Meteor when it only appeared to hit your puppet. In order to best assist you with this issue we will be needing some additional information. While some of this information may seem irrelevant, it is best to have as much information as possible in these cases. Once this is filled out we will submit this for review for you.

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Some spells and abilities exceed the visible range (30'), so they do not show up in the log. Chlevnik's Meteor is one of those spells. Even if you get hit with it, you will not see anything in the log if you are outside 30'. Your friends either resisted it outright, absorbed it with Shell V+Stoneskin, or were standing at a different altitude which added extra distance.

Cuelebre's Bai Wing/Ochre Blast does the same thing, you might have solod it on PUP.

So this is not a bug. Or rather, it's not a bug you died. (Your maton probably died because YOU died.) It might be a bug that you are affected by a very long range ability without it showing up in the log, but it's been in the game since the first adventurer meet the first wyrm and didn't bring breath mints...
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Akisu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Some spells and abilities exceed the visible range (30'), so they do not show up in the log. Chlevnik's Meteor is one of those spells. Even if you get hit with it, you will not see anything in the log if you are outside 30'. Your friends either resisted it outright, absorbed it with Shell V+Stoneskin, or were standing at a different altitude which added extra distance.

Cuelebre's Bai Wing/Ochre Blast does the same thing, you might have solod it on PUP.

So this is not a bug. Or rather, it's not a bug you died. (Your maton probably died because YOU died.) It might be a bug that you are affected by a very long range ability without it showing up in the log, but it's been in the game since the first adventurer meet the first wyrm and didn't bring breath mints...
    I'm fully aware of AoE ranges and some being extremely far, however; as noted, I was standing BEHIND the rest of the party, and quite a bit at that. So myself getting hit halfway down the ramp, but those up near the BC not getting hit? Yeah, don't think it works that way, unless the behemoth has developped some sort of heat seeking meteor that travels over 60'.

As far as my system stats:
    Platform: Windows 7 64bit
    ISP: Verizon
    Type of Internet Connection: FiOS fiber connection
    Internet Connection Speed: 100down/50up
    Date & Time: 2-26-12, 3:53pm EST
    Frequency: Once
    Character Name: Akisu
    Race: Mithra
    World: Phoenix
    Main Job: Pup
    Support Job: Uh... not sure what I was subbing at the time
    Area and Coordinates: Horlais Peak, Horns of War KS99
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: Chlevnik
    Steps:
    1. Fight Chlevnik.
    2. Stand out of range with puppet attacking Chlevnik.
    3. Puppet eats an AoE(?)
    4. Master dies without effect or notice, while remaining out of AoE range.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Akisu View Post
    I'm fully aware of AoE ranges and some being extremely far, however; as noted, I was standing BEHIND the rest of the party, and quite a bit at that. So myself getting hit halfway down the ramp, but those up near the BC not getting hit? Yeah, don't think it works that way, unless the behemoth has developped some sort of heat seeking meteor that travels over 60'.

As far as my system stats:
    Platform: Windows 7 64bit
    ISP: Verizon
    Type of Internet Connection: FiOS fiber connection
    Internet Connection Speed: 100down/50up
    Date & Time: 2-26-12, 3:53pm EST
    Frequency: Once
    Character Name: Akisu
    Race: Mithra
    World: Phoenix
    Main Job: Pup
    Support Job: Uh... not sure what I was subbing at the time
    Area and Coordinates: Horlais Peak, Horns of War KS99
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: Chlevnik
    Steps:
    1. Fight Chlevnik.
    2. Stand out of range with puppet attacking Chlevnik.
    3. Puppet eats an AoE(?)
    4. Master dies without effect or notice, while remaining out of AoE range.
    From my experience Meteor extends to the bottom of the ramp on multiple occassions. Why you're team mates didn't die/take damage I don't know. That would be the bug more than this.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akisu View Post
    Meteor is centered on the target, and if that target is running towards you to avoid Meteor, you would be in range. Due to distances involved, you wouldn't see anything but your HP bar going black and K.O. for no apparent reason.

It would help knowing what the jobs of your party members were, and at what stage of the fight you were.

Anyway, you're free to submit this as a bug, although I personally doubt it was.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 02-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Hello!

I'll go ahead and submit your information for further testing. Any changes, news or updates regarding this matter will either be made directly to this post, or on www.PlayOnline.com and official FFXI forums. Thank you again!

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)