Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Czephiroth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Where is the balance?

Currently paladin is not considered an essential job by the majority of the player base for 90% of content at least.
    The huge number of posts in the paladin forums in all languages on the forums as best as I can tell..... ALL want to see paladin repaired in some way shape or form, so I am begging and pleading to the developers please, take a serious look at paladin compared to other job classes in the game.

TRY PLAYING YOUR OWN GAME ON PALADIN IN A PICK UP GROUP FOR CONTENT AIMED AT GROUPS OF 18 AT LEVEL 99.

Then tell me in all honesty that paladin doesn't require some sort of adjustments.
    Give us something that helps us stay at the top of the hate list if we put in enough effort.
    (5)

Player
    I thought of something, which can be useful even if we don't stay always at the top.
    "Drawn-in", with a very little recast and short unbreakable bind.

This way, you can at least temporarily save a mage's ass, even if you can't instantly surpass their enmity.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Himrik View Post
    least temporarily save a mage's ass
    <<Cover>>

(0)

Player
    Cover without:
    - Need to move to the mages
    - Need to stand still for you and the mage
    - Mage in AoE

And it could be very usefull for kitting
    (1)

This way, you can at least temporarily save a mage's ass, even if you can't instantly surpass their enmity.
    Mages shouldn't be reaching top of the hate list anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Maybe they shouldn't, but in fact, they do quite frequently.

In Abyssea, when DDs wait for BLM to proc, they generally don't WS, so their enmity is pretty low.
    Amnesia-aura tend to cripple them too, blocking abilities and weapon skills, while the mages can still cast full power, etc...
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A quick and dirty solution would be to make Cover into an enemy targetable JA like provoke is. If you target an enemy that enemy is forced to target only the PLD for the duration of Cover.

Would be interesting.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Maybe they shouldn't, but in fact, they do quite frequently.

In Abyssea, when DDs wait for BLM to proc, they generally don't WS, so their enmity is pretty low.
    Amnesia-aura tend to cripple them too, blocking abilities and weapon skills, while the mages can still cast full power, etc...
    Which is why when I BLM/BRD in abyssea, I use Minikin, Allure and Apoc. Cap -enmity and don't pull hate, no matter how long it takes to land the right proc clean. Melees should generally take the mob down to ~80%, and BLM should nuke in haste gear with wrong element staff.

But then some people just like to see big numbers >.>
    (2)

Character
    Czephiroth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So~ 2 choices for paladin to become desirable to the general populous at the momment.
    1) make it able to fill the room it was groomed for.
    2) make it able to fill the role of damage dealer in some way shape or form.

With point 2 I feel the need to elaborate, increasing paladins offensive capabilities whilest wielding a sword and shield has been shot down by whoever actually looks into this stuff for SE. What I would suggest is that allowing paladin to gain greater offensive capabilities whilest wielding a great sword rather than feeling the effort to try dealing damage on paladin is futile compared to pretty much any damage dealer. Paladin's defense when wearing a greatsword will not make much difference and if they are wearing offensive gear they will more than likely take similar damage to warriors.
    (and just to be clear, I'm including gearswaps in my thinking).
    (2)
    Last edited by Czeph; 06-22-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: minor clarification

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    A quick and dirty solution would be to make Cover into an enemy targetable JA like provoke is. If you target an enemy that enemy is forced to target only the PLD for the duration of Cover.

Would be interesting.
    PLD should have always had a natural "Provoke"... just sayin.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast