Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Maws & NPCs not showing

I keep having trouble with maws not showing up. Then I need to zone and go back to the maw in order for it to appear.Some NPCs also dont show up in Abyssea ares.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When this happens walk away from the maw/npc quite far ( like 4x casting range) and come back, it will be there. This happens to me on coffers too sometimes in abyssea, it's annoying.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

more or less limitations of the graphics engine. It feeds all the /Mobs/PC's/NPC's in the area. Sometimes there's too many to draw and it starts clipping them. Have to back off so they are out of draw distance then come back in.

Part of this is due to too many people clustered at the maws and such, or (in the case of chests in abyssea) too many chests popping at once.

Until they are able to to a rework the game to be more DirectX compliant, probly won't see a fix for it anytime soon (probly won't happen as long as the PS2 is still supported).

Raist
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, I think there is something wrong with the way the game is built. They keep telling me to "Reinnstall" or search the files for "problems" etc, but this never works >_> I think SE needs to look at themselfs now^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Kaych,

We’re sorry for the problems you are experiencing trying to play FINAL FANTASY XI, and we’d like to try to help you resolve it. However we will need more information from you before we can try to resolve your issues. When posting on the Technical Support forum, please be sure to follow the general forum rules on posting, to ensure that you’re providing us with enough information for us to provide assistance.

The general forum rules can be found at this link:
    Welcome to Forum: Technical Support!
    (0)

Character
    Rakam
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    When this happens walk away from the maw/npc quite far ( like 4x casting range) and come back, it will be there. This happens to me on coffers too sometimes in abyssea, it's annoying.
    Thats what i do too when it happen.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeu View Post
    Kaych,

We’re sorry for the problems you are experiencing trying to play FINAL FANTASY XI, and we’d like to try to help you resolve it. However we will need more information from you before we can try to resolve your issues. When posting on the Technical Support forum, please be sure to follow the general forum rules on posting, to ensure that you’re providing us with enough information for us to provide assistance.

The general forum rules can be found at this link:
    Welcome to Forum: Technical Support!
    He's referring to an occasional glitch where the Maw does not appear. It's suspected that lag causes this, but there is no definitive cause as far as I've seen. The current solution is to run until the game does not track the maw anymore and then run back. The trick employed by doing this is that the initial "running from the maw" makes it disappear. When you run back to the maw, the game loads it again.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Understood Nadeu. This is a very frequent error that occurs, so when you guys decide to take the servers up again, I will teleport to the MAWs and give u a much more detailed report, for instance on time, location, steps etc. Until then I dont really have much info I can give you^_-

Correct Yugl. My solution to this has been to zone, since most maws are close to a zone. I have tried to run away from the maw and it didnt work, but maybe I havent run far enough. I will try this when SE puts the servers up again ^_-
    (0)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?

Character
    Ruvion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    more or less limitations of the graphics engine. It feeds all the /Mobs/PC's/NPC's in the area. Sometimes there's too many to draw and it starts clipping them. Have to back off so they are out of draw distance then come back in.

Part of this is due to too many people clustered at the maws and such, or (in the case of chests in abyssea) too many chests popping at once.

Until they are able to to a rework the game to be more DirectX compliant, probly won't see a fix for it anytime soon (probly won't happen as long as the PS2 is still supported).

Raist
    When you say graphics engine are you refering to the limitations from the game or on one's own graphics card? I use a Nvidia GTX 460 currently and run into this problem all the time in Abyssea - Tahrongi. Conflux 1 likes to disappear often when I'm camping VNMs. What sucks too is that I can run all the way to conflux 7 and then run back and it still won't reappear. There are usually 0 people around too. I've called a GM in game and I get the usual BS response that we all get from our useless GMs. They tell you to zone and refer to that old help desk from playonline.com before there were these forums.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvion View Post
    When you say graphics engine are you refering to the limitations from the game or on one's own graphics card? I use a Nvidia GTX 460 currently and run into this problem all the time in Abyssea - Tahrongi. Conflux 1 likes to disappear often when I'm camping VNMs. What sucks too is that I can run all the way to conflux 7 and then run back and it still won't reappear. There are usually 0 people around too. I've called a GM in game and I get the usual BS response that we all get from our useless GMs. They tell you to zone and refer to that old help desk from playonline.com before there were these forums.
    Ty, thats exactly how I hve it XD

Cant wait for the SE update tomorrow^^ Might put servers up
    (0)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast