World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Character Movement - Auto-run/walk Oddities

ISP: Sonera/Telia
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 8/1Mbps
    Date & Time: Feb. 26, 2012 18:01 EET (UTC/GMT +2 hours)
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Dragoy
    Race: HumeM
    Main Job: Ninja, Lv.95
    Support Job: None
    Area and Coordinates: Bastok, Jeuno, Mog House, Any
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:
    1. Press, and hold down num-pad key 8 (up-arrow) while the camera is viewing from behind the character (moving forward). While up/forward is used here as an example, any direction would work.
    2. Press, and release num-pad key 7 (Home) to activate auto-run/walk (works with run/walk).
    3. Press, and hold num-pad key 2 (down-arrow) for more than a second.
    4. Character will not stop, unless the 2/down-arrow key is released within less than approximately a second while normally it would turn the character immediately.
    While this has the 'advantage' of one being able to auto-run/walk in circles no matter what the camera-angle is without it being cancelled as it normally would when triggering movement backward, I do think this is not intended. It still does cancel, if the key to turn towards a side is released at certain point(s), however.

Tested with a mouse as well, but not with a game-pad though I'm quite sure it happens with one of such just as well.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This should probably be removed to bug reports, unless it is specific to the test server and doesn't happen on the live servers.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Alhanelem,

It is (for the time being) only happening on the test-server.
    I believe it is due to the changes to they did to the controls (even if it seems they merely added stuff, some of which are perhaps too FFXIV-esque I daresay).

If it is not fixed, however, it will be live after the next update I reckon (still assuming it indeed is non-intended behaviour).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, if it's not on live, then this is indeed the right spot. You were more thorough with it than I thought :P
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, I noticed the previous mouse-control mishap on the test-server, too, but I figured they noticed it... and they didn't, so I thought I'd at least report this one before it goes live and they have to fix it afterwards, again.

Wouldn't really be surprised at this point if this was indeed intended, but eh, we'll see!
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This has been happening with my PC on the regular game server...I just thought my num-pad was broken.
    (0)