Hybrid View

Justiciar's torque

Just got justiciar's torque from Voidwatch this evening and Im in a bit if a bind...... keep it for my dnc and drg as a ws piece, or sell it. I could use the gil for for a Stoicheion medal for my rdm and blm, but man this torque is a sexy ws piece for drg and dnc.

Opinions welcome.
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't really know about DNC, but for DRG WS use Rancor Collar for Drakesbane, and Elemental Gorget for Stardiver.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit View Post
    I don't really know about DNC, but for DRG WS use Rancor Collar for Drakesbane, and Elemental Gorget for Stardiver.
    ^This. However it is an incredible dnc WS piece. If you use dnc frequently for things such as dynamis, its a good investment.
    (0)

Player
    Use this neck piece for Jumps until you get a Genesha Mala.
    (1)

Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Screw rancor collar. Rancorous mantle+Justiciars is better than rancor collar+atheling.

Id just pick the job you have the most fun on and gear that 1st. Of course asking the drg forums everyone is gonna say keep it for drg :P
    (0)

Player
    Only for drakesbane and those are pretty expensive moderate sidegrades for a virtually obsolete WS outside of abyssea
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 02-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because selling it for a stoichan medal isnt an "expensive moderate sidegrade" over the plethora of other MAB neck pieces? Its all minor upgrades.

Also, the same holds true for evis on Dnc (rancorous+love torque/justiciars), or any crit based WS. Rancorous mantle simple vs atheling trades off less for the same 5% crit damage collar for a neck piece because the mantle has 17 atk making it very similar to an atk mantle at face value+5% crit rate. Collar basically tosses the entire neck slot out to pasture for the same 5% boost.

If its to pricey for you, then so be it, but eventually if anyone keeps gearing, you start to look at marginal upgrades because all the super obvious and super economical upgrades get completed. Once you get to that level, then rancor mantle for all of a mil more than collar becomes completely reasonable.
    (0)

Player
    I don't really use Drakesbane that much anymore to justify the price tag but to each his own.
    (0)