Thread: Reflect

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Although I would like to see reflect implemented, I feel the American Base is being ignored when we suggest something. We cry over horrid drop rates, complain 2 hours need a adjustment for jobs, and weapon skills that need buffed. But when JP wants feedback about reflect, they actually get it. >.>
    google translate your post into japanese and post it in the JP threads. sounds like a sure fire way to me to get them to consider your ideas.
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I could see RDM getting the spell with it possibly being accessionable and Carbuncle getting a AoE SMN version of it since the point of it being added is that its a "classic" spell and Carby has had the spell at his command in his many iterations. As a WHM I wouldn't want it as a spell since even though it has been classified as a White Magic spell in previous games RDM def needs something unique and fun. I also agree with whoever brought up that RDM should get an accompanying "lightning rod" spell or JA.

Maybe have an entire line of of reflect based buff spells that a RDM can use that affect how reflect is dealt with like "next spell cast can pierce through reflect" since NMs with this buff at their disposal could lead to some interesting fights or maybe a "spells blocked by reflect are not reflected but instead restore MP" to allow a RDM to cast reflect and the aforementioned buff on a Paladin needing MP while Chivalry and Devotion are down when the PLD is about to eat an Impact or something along the lines of a powerful single target nuke (assuming there would be a fight where a PLD is 100% vital)

The above is probably too elaborate for implementation but i would like for RDM to have something to show off its supposed dominance and control of enhancement buffs (essentially to have it enhance themselves and party members in ways that are unique to RDM)

edit: in my mind i was thinking the "reflect pierce" and "MP Absorption" buffs as being able to be cast upon others so a RDM could say buff themselves or a BLM to have a way to handle a NM with perma reflect or something. Of course as I have read across many different posts across the different forums rumblings that the spell index is limited (as far as what's added to the game) so maybe a line of buffs revolving around reflect would be too much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 02-25-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Only spells that SCH got natively or via sub job are accessionable. (exception of haste)
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Nice, now we can we stop confusing the Colibri's "mimic" with true Reflect now? :P

In all seriousness, the order of priority this spell should go to is:

1. RDM
    2. SCH & SMN (via Carbuncle)
    3. PLD
    (1)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sadly if by chance Red Mage does get this, It will not fix the Job Class.

BLM>RDM>SCH
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have seen requests for this on the JP forums for a long time and I never thought that it would actually be considered. I am very curious to see how they implement it. If monsters gain access to the spell as well, that could be very interesting as well.

This is a classic FF spell that has typically gone to WHM. I also agree that for FFXI another class should receive the spell. No, I don't need to wait and see the specifics of the spell, nor is this a knee jerk reaction. We have a general understanding of what the spell is going to do and the implementation of that idea will not effect how I view which job(s) the spell should go to. It is also very clear that WHM is extremely powerful and well situated in the game now. This spell should go to one of the other mage jobs to help provide them with a boost.

I think the obvious choices are RDM and PLD. Personally, RDM would get my vote between the two but I would like to mention SMN and SCH as alternate picks. SMN could receive an AOE or modified AOE version of the spell as a pact for Carbuncle (or Cait Sith - whenever she is coming). I mention SCH because of the strategic nature of the spell fitting in with the concept of the job and the need for more SCH specific spells that are useful outside of Tabula Rasa.

I think this will be in development for a long, long time. I'm curious to see what comes of this.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukichibi View Post
    Only spells that SCH got natively or via sub job are accessionable. (exception of haste)
    This is a separate issue that needs to be addressed and discussed at length in its own thread honestly.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Although I would like to see reflect implemented, I feel the American Base is being ignored when we suggest something. We cry over horrid drop rates, complain 2 hours need a adjustment for jobs, and weapon skills that need buffed. But when JP wants feedback about reflect, they actually get it. >.>
    TBH, I've yet to see any NA threads up to this point suggesting this spell. While what you're saying is more or less accurate, you can't say that we as a community suggested this, so you can't argue they ignored something that the JP suggested but we didn't.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    TBH, I've yet to see any NA threads up to this point suggesting this spell. While what you're saying is more or less accurate, you can't say that we as a community suggested this, so you can't argue they ignored something that the JP suggested but we didn't.
    Been in many RDM threads.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Stats
    Besides the system itself, stats of the spell will need to be adjusted very carefully. Since you would be invincible against single-target spells as well as deal damage by reflecting them, this is an extremely powerful effect, so we would not be doing exactly this. We would need a good amount of time to test and balance this just right.
    Simple balancing solution:

Fairly high MP cost, moderate recast time (difficult to maintain over long periods)
    Provides % chance to reflect (rather than every spell)
    Wears off after certain duration (2-5 min max) or certain number of spells (e.g. 3-5) are reflected.

Most enhancing magic spells are relatively low cost with relatively low effects for good durations so it would be interesting to have a more powerful and costly enhancing effect.
    (3)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast