Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflect

Reflect

Seems like there is a bunch of talk about Reflect going down over the JP forums and gained enough momentum to where the development team is going to look into whether or not they can get this classic FINAL FANTASY spell into the game.

Things that can be potentially taken care of:

1 on 1 reflection
    This is basically the same system as Counter, so it seems like it is a possibility.
    In the case that both have Reflect up, we can deal with this by adding a rule that “You cannot counter with counter.”

Reflected damage calculation

Log display of reflected effect
    “→Reflect! ○○ takes ×× damage.”

Difficulties:

Reflecting spells you cast on yourself

Random reflection
    In the case that the target is not decided, the system will search the area for monsters and decide. If this happens every time Reflect is activated, there is a high chance that it would cause a lot of lag and in the worst case scenario crash the servers.

AoE Spell reflection
    If we made Reflect function like Counter, this would be quite difficult.

Effect animation
    In the whole flow of the spell taking action: spell activates → reflect animation is displayed → reflected spell animation is displayed on yourself, this final part is impossible to do, and the best we can do is cut this animation and only display it in the log. Additionally, the animation needs to be in the memory, but there is a pending concern that the size would be pretty rough.

Stats
    Besides the system itself, stats of the spell will need to be adjusted very carefully. Since you would be invincible against single-target spells as well as deal damage by reflecting them, this is an extremely powerful effect, so we would not be doing exactly this. We would need a good amount of time to test and balance this just right.

While nothing is for certain yet, please understand that this is still a ways off, but we would like to look into this more.
    (34)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

2. 02-25-2012 05:27 AM

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Although I would like to see reflect implemented, I feel the American Base is being ignored when we suggest something. We cry over horrid drop rates, complain 2 hours need a adjustment for jobs, and weapon skills that need buffed. But when JP wants feedback about reflect, they actually get it. >.>
    (32)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Although I would like to see reflect implemented, I feel the American Base is being ignored when we suggest something. We cry over horrid drop rates, complain 2 hours need a adjustment for jobs, and weapon skills that need buffed. But when JP wants feedback about reflect, they actually get it. >.>
    You sound surprised by this.
    (13)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is a welcomed thoughts indeed, very interesting, and hope it can be implemented and become an exclusive spell for Red Mage, after all its is an "enhancing" spell. Also please try to take suggestions from the European and American players and implement them as well so SE is not seen as biased toward the japanese players.
    (1)

Player
    Add new thing or fix old thing that would admit a mistake?

That aside, dream come true. I'm just scared its going to be on afterglow Mythic for RDM.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    If they give this to White Mage I'm going to punch an entire box of kittens.
    (12)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    You sound surprised by this.
    They did listen to the VW complaints and gave us tickets, they did listen to WoE and try their hardest to tweak it to become more popular, they did listen to puppet master and tweaked the job, etc... We got the Falcor pet jug which is FAR more useful than the scorpion pet would have been - though now they decide to nerf the TH3. Some they did listen and implemented the changes, but not all, perhaps they have not enough resources and man power.
    (5)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Maybe you have your answer right here? Just saying.

Note: I do not know the tone of discussion on the Japanese forum, as I don't speak Japanese. I do know the tone of most posts on the English forum, and I wouldn't be pumped about communicating most of that to the devs/management if I were the translator.
    (5)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    If they give this to White Mage I'm going to punch an entire box of kittens.
    Agree, this spells should go for Red Mage and can be AOE using SCH job ability. SE need to put a STOP on White Mage getting every single damn spells - that job is now perfect, apart from the ridiculous idea of Araise. They should put their energy to fix Red Mage and Summoner now and stop wasting time to work on White Mage again and again and again - and wasting time nerfing every other jobs who can't function properly if you take the White Mage out of the equation.
    (5)

Player
    I don't care who it goes to, as long as it doesn't go to White Mage.

White Mage is OP.
    (7)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast