Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflect

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The animation has been in the dats for ages, but I would love to see this finally get implemented. However, it does seem a tad unbalanced in relation to whats already in the game, so here's my thoughts on it:

- In regards to the reflected spell being reflected onto a random mob, have it so the spell is only reflected onto the mob you are currently engaged to. This may cause an issue with mages however since they're rarely engaged.
    - Also have the spell reflect only single target nukes and set the MP cost high. Maybe have it reflect a set amount of spells.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You could make Reflect low casting time, with a large recast, like Stun. Make it 100% chance to Reflect the next spell cast. Good or bad. Including spells cast by the friendly characters. That way we are forced to strategize when to use it, like Stun.

If you feel certain spells, like Death might be a bit overpowered to Reflect make them be able to go through Reflect.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Classikal View Post
    If you feel certain spells, like Death might be a bit overpowered to Reflect make them be able to go through Reflect.
    What would end up happening it it would just stop the Death spell and the NM would resist it... NMs pretty much are auto-immune as is.
    (2)

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    What would end up happening it it would just stop the Death spell and the NM would resist it... NMs pretty much are auto-immune as is.
    That would work too, even if the mob resists it. It would be another away to protect a tank from Death going off.
    (0)

it should probably just ignore friendly spells. it may not be fully in the spirit of "reflect" but it'd make it a hell of a lot more useable.

i'm thinking it should be single target and influenced by enhancing skill to give between 1 and 3 reflects.
    something along the lines of any jagoff rdm, sch, or whm should be able to get 1 reflect.
    properly skilled up rdm and sch would get 2, while whm would need to be skilled up and geared for the second.
    then 3 would only be possible from well geared and skilled sch or rdm. maybe make 3 require the full blown 500 enhancing skill.

then carbuncle could get an aoe effect, but limited to just 1.
    (1)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Sadly if by chance Red Mage does get this, It will not fix the Job Class.

BLM>RDM>SCH
    elaborate on this blanket statement please
    (0)

SMN and RDM should get it imo.
    (2)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    elaborate on this blanket statement please
    Ok, well back in the day RDM was known for refresh A.k.a The refresh-whore if by chance RDM does get Reflect it will not make or break the Job.. RDM needs more then Reflect-whore, Just seems like a lot "Not all" Thinking this spell and or ability whatever it is going to be going to fix RDM. Me personally don't think it's really needed fun yeah! but not needed.. Also it's not going to help RDM any. Yeah it's pretty cool seeing this might finally come to FFXI but that's about it, If anything I bet PUP automaton will get it then we all wait for RDM to get Reflect II.
    (1)
    Last edited by Krashport; 02-25-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    SMN and RDM should get it imo.
    I'd put SCH on the list if only because then it means we don't have to fight to get it put onto Accession.

And for Altana's sake, let it be party castable else it'll just be worthless.
    (4)

I will have my revenge!

Reflect effects:
    Friendly spells casted on you by yourself: Won't be reflected.
    Friendly spells casted on you by a party member: Won't be reflected.
    Friendly spells that are aoe that affect you: Won't be reflected.
    Offensive spells casted on you by an enemy: Have a chance of being reflected.
    Offensive spells that are aoe that affect you: The effect on you would have a chance of reflecting back at the user.

Things that can reflect: magic damage, spell's element, status effects: stun, paralyze, sleep, silence, blind, bind, and dispel.
    Animation: Like all old Reflect spells, a red sphere or half sphere when it activates.
    Spells:
    Reflect: RDM 37+, SCH60+ (5% chance of reflecting magic that has affected you.)
    Reflect II: RDM 50+, SCH90+ (12% chance of reflecting magic that has affected you.)
    Reflect III: RDM 80+ (25% chance of reflecting magic that has affected you.)

Description: Grants user Reflect status. Has a chance of reflecting an enemy's magic back at them.
    (1)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast