Thread: Reflect

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    They did listen to the VW complaints and gave us tickets, they did listen to WoE and try their hardest to tweak it to become more popular, they did listen to puppet master and tweaked the job, etc...
    No they did not listen, they adressed it here after it was brought up in the JP forums.
    (2)

How much easier do you want this game?

There has been no need for such a spell for 75 hnm's or endgame. Which was alot harder than it is now. Yet people still managed to win everything.

Even if this did come into the game the only job which should get it is paladin as now all paladin do is sub war, so there is no way they can avoid magic damage.

But this request is just another casual player moaning yet again.

GJ guys.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yambo99 View Post
    How much easier do you want this game?

There has been no need for such a spell for 75 hnm's or endgame. Which was alot harder than it is now. Yet people still managed to win everything.
    Give the players more tools. Give upcoming monsters properties that promote competent use of those extra tools and punish incompetent use. It's more challenging to need to mash five buttons to succeed rather than four.

Yeah, I know the Development Bros are going to just continue adding relatively squishy sacks of HP that scream "AOE ALL THE THINGS FOR MODERATE TO HIGH DAMAGE!" and proceed to do so, but it's nice to dream.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    Rdm and Sch both have B+ enhancing magic and as for gear rdm has a with Duelist's hands +2, and Estoqueur's feet +2, cap = +24(slot with competition the competition is subtracted to show the lead it has over sch)
    Sch has Savant's Bonnet +2 and Treatise Kirin's Pole(+10 aug)= +24(slots without competition that a rdm can use)
    You can get a total of 505 enhancing magic (unless i missed a piece of gear) on both jobs. meaning 1 is not better then the other unless you account for sch having the power to double duration of the effects and make the spell AoE
    Technically they don't. RDM has B+ and SCH and any other /SCH job gains B+ skill only under a JA. RDM is still technically they job with higest Enhancing as it's guaranteed.

Change arts and goodbye skill.
    (0)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Technically they don't. RDM has B+ and SCH and any other /SCH job gains B+ skill only under a JA. RDM is still technically they job with higest Enhancing as it's guaranteed.

Change arts and goodbye skill.
    I only seem to get 386 skill with /sch and B+ is 420(with full enhancing merits). Also as a Sch i never find myself casting enhancing magic without lights arts and absolutely never with dark arts up. Having the right arts up has yet to be a problem since i started the job so not sure i'm understanding your point.
    Sch has B+ when it needs it so Rdm who has it all the time is better?
    They both have it when they need it so they are on even footing other then the lead of +4 enhancing magic, that Kensagaku pointed out, Rdm has(515) over Sch(511)
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I only seem to get 386 skill with /sch and B+ is 420(with full enhancing merits). Also as a Sch i never find myself casting enhancing magic without lights arts and absolutely never with dark arts up. Having the right arts up has yet to be a problem since i started the job so not sure i'm understanding your point.
    Sch has B+ when it needs it so Rdm who has it all the time is better?
    They both have it when they need it so they are on even footing other then the lead of +4 enhancing magic, that Kensagaku pointed out, Rdm has(515) over Sch(511)
    My point is SCH doesn't technically have it, they have D skill Enhancing. A JA changes that temporarily. There is times when you go Light Arts > Spell > Dark Arts > Wears off > Light arts recast: 0:30 it's not 100% reliable enhancing so as I said, not Natural B+ enhancing.

As for the 386 skill, not sure but isn't that because you're Enhancing isn't capped for the main job?
    (0)

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    My point is SCH doesn't technically have it, they have D skill Enhancing. A JA changes that temporarily. There is times when you go Light Arts > Spell > Dark Arts > Wears off > Light arts recast: 0:30 it's not 100% reliable enhancing so as I said, not Natural B+ enhancing.

As for the 386 skill, not sure but isn't that because you're Enhancing isn't capped for the main job?
    and still B+ Skill is B+ skill is B+ skill. I wouldn't cast a spell with such an effect under dark arts if it's gonna end up with enhancing skill modifying the spell, especially not if I am in buffing mode anyway.

Technically a SCH has B+ whenever he wants it by using LA. So technically SCH has B+. my two cents.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossarius View Post
    and still B+ Skill is B+ skill is B+ skill. I wouldn't cast a spell with such an effect under dark arts if it's gonna end up with enhancing skill modifying the spell, especially not if I am in buffing mode anyway.

Technically a SCH has B+ whenever he wants it by using LA. So technically SCH has B+. my two cents.
    The same is true as I said of any job /SCH (AKA. WHM)
    (0)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The same is true as I said of any job /SCH (AKA. WHM)
    you know what you just said means WHM/SCH > RDM/whatever > SCH/whatever is the enhancing magic order
    whm can get +98 from gear rdm +95 and sch +91 interesting

not that a whm/sch has much to give in enhancing magics that are connected to skill
    (0)
    Last edited by Tesahade; 02-27-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    you know what you just said means WHM/SCH > RDM/whatever > SCH/whatever is the enhancing magic order
    whm can get +98 from gear rdm +95 and sch +91 interesting
    Yup! Ever since SCH was added this has been the case.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-27-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast