Results -9 to 0 of 9

Threaded View

Character
    Satisiun
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Wyvern TP expended from Remove Breath. Why?

First time posting around these parts, but been with the game on and off since Day One NA release, and maining DRG the entire time.

Something that has always sort of bugged me, now moreso than in the past, is how any breath related to the removing of a debuff on you or a party member, despite the fact that there is no calculation for effectiveness depending on the wyvern's TP, results in the wyvern losing all stored TP. As far as I know, that TP being used by the wyvern during the use of Remove Breath, whether it's 10% of 300%, has no influence on potency.

Obviously this is different for Restoring, Healing, and Smiting Breath, where TP is an important part of damage or healing calculations, but beyond the simple reason of "It's an ability, and any time a pet uses an ability it uses TP", why is it like this, especially when the TP has no real known effect on debuff removal potency?

The reason I ask is because as of late, I've been finding myself actually favoring /mage subbing more and more over, say, more traditional DRG subjobs even when in parties, or when in a damage dealer position. The reason for this is largely thanks to the recent changes to Spirit Link, and how its returning of around half of the wyvern's TP to your own TP is beyond awesome. With the un-merited cooldown timer for Spirit Link now at 1:30, I am consistently out-TP building melee-sub DRGs and other frontline jobs, so long as I am not forced to expend built up TP through a Restoring/Healing Breath. In a sense, Wyverns for mage sub DRGs have become like pocket TP tanks, letting me go as far as to fire off three WSes in succession (built up TP > WS > Accurate Jumps > WS > Spirit Link > WS).

So color me curious. Why does Remove Breath need to use the wyvern's TP, and is there any sort of possibility that this can be changed?
    (0)
    Last edited by Satisiun; 02-24-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Grammar/Spelling.