Player

[dev1095] Limit Break Quest Adjustments

Maat Hats for All

3 attempts per test come on how many people have done Maat several times i knew RDMs that took them close to 20 tries it was wen there was a lvl cap at 75 but still the whole going to make the Maat fights any easier is just another slap in the face of the hundreds of thousands of people who farmed multiple tests to do it

And like many other things SE will dumb down the final limit break again ...

On the updates it should just say "Don't worry we'll make a baby version for the rest of you next month"
    (2)

at least it is less nerfing for Beyond Infinity than they originally announced.... but it is still unnecessary. Ran it down the other night for a few more LS mates....SMN, 2 BST, DRK, WHM, PLD. Didn't use SMN 2hr cheat either--deployed typical mothercrystal strategy. Ran two dry runs to let the newcomers get a feel for when what happens in the fight (think only 3 of us had done it more than once) when we were ready, buffed up, PLD tanked, we cure-bombed him, tossed tail on rotation, nuked with Avatars and others WS when they could. Got the win....with just a little communication and preperation.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    *sigh*

And jerks like you are supposed to be the ones we're supposed to feel sorry have to do Voidwatch dozens of times for some piece of gear?
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It takes a real bastard to open a thread and complain about SE helping newer people out.

The limit quests were originally designed to be done in groups of 6 of that level. Their are no more ppl in large enough numbers to do that. And while 99's today might be able to do it no problem, everyone knows that most ppl wont help anyone unless theirs a mass reward in it for them. And even so, a newer player shouldn't have to solely rely on others to do it for them anyway. And since no one relay likes to help ppl out anymore, most of the newer players are running around without linkshells. Which means, no one to help them anyway. Iv seen new players shouting for days on end trying to get a LS. ANY ls. And they couldn't. So I'm not betting on ppl traveling around the world to help with LB quests. Iv also seen players shouting for 100k+ rewards to ppl that would help them with a LB and STILL couldn't get any help! The adjustment will merely help them be self-sufficient since they cant rely on anyone else.

And the same goes for the testimonials. Yea, it was harder back then. And it should of been. That was the final LB quest. The ultimate goal for a new player. Now its just another damn LB quest on the road to 99 cap. Back then people at 70~ would get 2-4 people and go testi farming for what they need. And while certain jobs MIGHT be able to solo certain mobs. Its certain that not all jobs can. And once again, no one relay helps anyone out anymore today without a mass benefit for them. (And lets be honest, how many older players relay want to go out testi farming now?) So allowing them more then one chance to fight maat off a testi, I'm all for.

Overall, the adjustment helps new players be self sufficient. And considering that todays players certainly don't want to help them anymore, I'm glad SE is.
    (0)

Character
    Sacher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm thinking it's a world by world bases. I have not seen anyone on ragnark (sp) shouting for LS's or for help. I have seen lots of people shouting to leech and/or shouting to sell leech spots. I would also be willing to bet the majority of "new" players are actually current players establishing multiple accounts. On ragnark it is common to see people with 4,5 or even 6 chars playing at once, and that's a fact. I myself have two chars but I use 2 comps and not the windower progs out there. Nothing like watching 6 lvl 5 chars following each other through a city and most of them have almost the same name just one letter off. That is a common event these days. The game has become so easy to get exp people just make multiple chars and do everything themselves. But guys take the high road when someone says something you don't agree on. Instead of name calling provide a well rounded point of view and understand not everyone is as perfect as you.
    (0)