Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Guard Skill.......

I have to say this cause this has been bugging me. Why hasn't SE done anything to adjust guarding skill? Even when using either food(heard it doesn't work but idk) or the earring & ring it still skillup like crap to the point in saying, "What gives?". Unless it have game breaking benefits(exaggeration lol) they need to do something about it cause it's being neglected....I could be wrong but if anyone have suggestions feel free to comment.
    (0)

after heavy testing it has come to the attention of the dev team that monks with guard skill above 300 have a chance of it actually procing , due to this we will be adjusting guard to lower your tp with successful procs.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    from my exerience even making train of mandies doesnt not work that well anymore. back at level 75 and was getting 2-3 skill per 30min with 4 mandy on me, last time i tried in A-altepa i got 0.5 in 30mn with like 15 mandy on me lol. guard is useless anyway i dont care anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Drstrangelove
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    from my exerience even making train of mandies doesnt not work that well anymore. back at level 75 and was getting 2-3 skill per 30min with 4 mandy on me, last time i tried in A-altepa i got 0.5 in 30mn with like 15 mandy on me lol. guard is useless anyway i dont care anymore.
    Leveling guard skill is useless when mnk is fighting anything that matters (i.e., above T).

AFAIK, guard is floored to 5%, and capped skill will not get you above 5% procs on anything above T, certainly not at VT and above, so except for making EP farming easier (on mobs that you will evade or counter anyway) who cares.
    (0)
    Last edited by DrStrangelove; 02-29-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm so unless guard is really useful against V-IT mobs and proc frequently depending on skill lvl it's pretty much useless? Now I feel it really is neglected lol. What's the point in having it if it's not useful to begin with?
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    umm i had capped guard at 75 cap >_> i have to completely dissagree with your statement drstrangelove... i used to guard a whole hell of alot more VS VT-IT when over cap >_>
    (0)

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStrangelove View Post
    Leveling guard skill is useless when mnk is fighting anything that matters (i.e., above T).

AFAIK, guard is floored to 5%, and capped skill will not get you above 5% procs on anything above T, certainly not at VT and above, so except for making EP farming easier (on mobs that you will evade or counter anyway) who cares.
    ^ Accurate. Verified by many other monks on multiple forums.

umm i had capped guard at 75 cap >_> i have to completely dissagree with your statement drstrangelove... i used to guard a whole hell of alot more VS VT-IT when over cap >_>
    ^ Poppycock. Anecdotal claim based on unspecified conditions.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    SE broke guard proc rate when raised lvl cap.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post

Got to love people who just randomly post garbage with no evidence.
    (0)

Character
    Zanece
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I found that when skilling guard, targeting level appropriate mobs worked best. You're not going to be able brute force your way through guard like you can with the other defensive skills on mandies in Altepa. Well you can but it's going to take a hell of a lot longer. I used the skillup ring, appropriate skillup food, and as much guard skill + gear and evasion - gear that I could put together.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast