Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bntyhuntrx
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Inventory Increase, New Satchel, Infinite (sortable) Item box in MogHouse

Let's start talking about storage and inventory space. I know I am not alone that if you have adequate to excellent gear and macros for your jobs, we definitely need more than 80 spaces in base inventory, or a linked bag of some kind, or heck even an "infinite and sortable storage system within the moghouse wopuld be awesome. Muling is such a waste of time and even still many things can't be sent. I wind up going to VW and have to toss all my logs and ores instead of npcing them due to lack of inventory space.
    (15)

Player
    I hate to be the one to say this but due to PS2 limitations (in this case its true) anything over 80 space is impossible. At least that's the story they've given us. Linking bags may work however, for the same reason 80 is max per bag type 160 would be the max for a linked bag, since that is the maximum allowed items the PS2 can process. (this is also why 80/80 is cap)
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    At this point I'd be happy if they could just make MH Storage accessible from anywhere - like they said they would. Months ago. -.-
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    Sadly, it's been mentioned several times that 80 spaces in one thingy is the limit. Of course, I'd still love to hear about the impossibilities of other ways to make some kind, any kind, of additional macro-from-able space. I'd love to hear about the possibilities even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bntyhuntrx View Post
    I wind up going to VW and have to toss all my logs and ores instead of npcing them due to lack of inventory space.
    I love how the logs and ores are now so awful that selling them a very special lady in Lower Jeuno is the only realistic option, rather than using the Auction House at all. I think they've actually made themselves worse by dropping so relentlessly.
    (1)

Giving our in moghouse moogle the same options as a porter moogle would also be quite helpful. Its annoying/timely to job change when you have items on the porter moogle.
    (4)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinato View Post
    I hate to be the one to say this but due to PS2 limitations (in this case its true) anything over 80 space is impossible. At least that's the story they've given us. Linking bags may work however, for the same reason 80 is max per bag type 160 would be the max for a linked bag, since that is the maximum allowed items the PS2 can process. (this is also why 80/80 is cap)
    You know, I keep reading this all the time and there's one thing that screams BS..

The next time you look at the auction house list of items remember there's a limit of 80 per list. (sarcasm). If SE wanted to increase mog house storage it could be programmed like this too.

The maximum processed items means the item is recognized as owned. When you store things placing them in mail, in the auction house, or storage slips they're no longer processed as owned. This is why you can own more then one exclusive item when its stored outside the process pool. The main problem amounts to SE creating the same type of "processed" storage and because of this design it's limited to 80.

The truth is we're only hearing half the story. Yes, there is a process limitation of 80 at once and yes to overcome this limitation they split it into multiple inventories. I assume to avoid limitations all storage areas are processed once before deciding owned status. If this process was eliminated we could technically have more storage.

On a final note, giving players a database storage system would allow almost unlimited storage and I doubt they'd want to do this. Not only would it take a lot of time to program but reduce the number of players paying for mules.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 02-23-2012 at 08:57 PM.

I'd be happy with being able to access storage from any mog house for now. If you use the features they gave us you shouldnt' really be running out of room if you've fully upgraded everything.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinato View Post

They could give us a Gobbie Box for our MH with a number of 80-slot sections we can switch between. Of course, there's no telling what horrors they'd make us go through for such a thing.
    (1)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bntyhuntrx View Post
    I know I am not alone that if you have adequate to excellent gear and macros for your jobs, we definitely need more than 80 spaces in base inventory.
    If you have macros needing to swap in gear that won't fit into 80 slots you're clearly extremely over-the-top in terms of min/maxing, nothing in the game would demand that insane amount of gear swapping.

Maybe if you didn't use a third-party macro machine it would help.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    If you have macros needing to swap in gear that won't fit into 80 slots you're clearly extremely over-the-top in terms of min/maxing, nothing in the game would demand that insane amount of gear swapping.
    Just like I'd call you a noob for not using the full extent of your inventory. I'm too good in your eyes, you're too bad in mine. Works out just fine.
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast