Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not sure how allowing Slow II/Paralyze II/Blind II/Gravity II will destroy balance >.> Most of these mobs have TP-type standard attacks, high Regain, can use moves in quick succession, and typically deal 40~60% damage to use compared to the 1~10% damage we deal to them. Slow II and Para II won't stop a quick succession use of TP moves, Blind II might be nice for the chance of being missed once in a blue moon to the higher eva jobs, and gravity II would go a long way in stopping some of these mobs running all around destroying an alliance with AOE (even after adjustment).

I still don't expect bind/gravity/silence to work on anything even of worth after this....but all the same I'm not seeing the balance upset they are worried about when the mobs we've wanted to use enfeebles on already have a lot going for them offensively and defensively.

Then again, this is SE...anything that is at all like 75 content fights (IE: faf/nid/beh/etc) that doesn't have you running around trying to stay alive is "too easy" and "unbalanced." If I could cast Dia III and kill something instantly..that would be unbalanced..if I could cast Para II and see the VWNM struggle to get a hit in else wise...that would be unbalanced. No one expects this..people just want to be able to cast enfeebles and have some chance at making the fight a little more manageable, not a walk in the park.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 02-23-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm almost dreading this, sadly. If all goes well then at least RDM will be able to....land enfeebles (do what it was intended to do from the start? WOOOO we need an update for that.....)

If all goes poorly, SE tells us it's fixed and that they won't be looking into it for another 3 years.

It really feels like they just left RDM out of the entire aby content and now that it is winding down they figure, 'hey aby was already broken by design, no reason to leave RDM out now that it's over. Teehee.'
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    An optimistic reading tells me, "We're going to test this for a long time because it really is a dramatic change that will make a huge difference. Part of the big deal is the inclusion of Gravity in the change, and that really is a big deal."

A pessimistic reading tells me, "I just inhaled whatever comes out of a fluorescent bulb when it is broken. The giant insect to the left of the graphics department is telling me that everything from the Magical Land of Voidwatch-Land shall forever be immune to Paralyze and Slow. Gravity II shall be a farce, a farce like the human skin worn by the demon who 'works' on the fourth floor. We'll be watching the effects of these changes like the black helicopters watch me - always watch me, always watching."
    (11)

Character
    Kyen
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What the hell is the point of having enfeebles in the game if they don't even work on anything important? Another question, why the hell are enfeebles part of the VW procs if the monsters are immune to them? How does that make any sense?
    (6)

Player
    A lot about VW doesn't make sense, enfeebles being procs when monsters are immune is just one of them.

Wyvern procs of same element as the NM too...
    (5)

Player
    *sigh* i see this just as another way that things are gonna be the same, but "shut up RDM's". Kinda sad...
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I feel that this is going to be RDM's last glimmer of hope before SE completely destroys it by keeping enfeebling resistance high. Having to be unable to land enfeebles on things that matter just hurts the job by a chunk, and it's not like it could solo Voidwatch mobs, if not at least low-manning some of the starting tiers.

I don't think we're asking for something that makes an overwhelming change in battle, but a change that can help to turn the tides better. The lower the resistance rates, the better chance Red Mage has to make a comeback as a wanted job again. Otherwise, I just may finally hang up the Chapeau until something better comes along for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 02-24-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Character
    Shadowviper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Wont matter in the end, even if they allow the enfeebs to stick SCH WHM and BLM will be able to stick them, still giving us 0 role or use past refresh whores (least outside abys). Until they give us a true party role like crowd control enfeebler and group buffer (aoe enfeebs, ability to use more non self buffs) we will never have a real role since all but one of our enfeebs are available to other jobs.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Lol refresh, I can't even think of the last time I had to Refresh someone.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Basically at the end of the day SE don't know what Balance is themselves.
    Yea that seems to be the case or SE has dyslexia and balance reads as ecnalab and it confuses them.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast