Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Allowing Some Mobs to be Enfeebled Causes The Balance to Explode!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ce-of-Monsters

Hey RDM's, Your Core abilities and Uses will no longer be completely worthless on Every single piece of endgame content Ever!

maybe.

However, Allowing RDM's core reason for existing to be used on something stronger than a Tiny Rarrab will have devastating consequences on Game balance, so they're going to test it for a long time.

Goodness knows they never planned on NMs being debuffed, This contingency is unplanned and needs much studying.

----

Sarcasm/Kidding around Aside. Good to know sometime in the near future We may actually be able to use Gravity/II to Lower Enemies evasion to some use! You guys happy about this? THOUGHTS?!

I kinda look forward too it, I know it was announced already about a week ago, But hopefully they open up Enfeebles to a lot of enemies.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-22-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah but ...

While there will remain a select group of exceptional monsters with complete resistance to certain effects, the vast majority of monsters will become susceptible to enfeebling effects.
    *This does not guarantee that enfeebling magic will always be successful. Furthermore, effect duration may be reduced for monsters with high resistance.
    and this is SE. For all we know they could be planning to make all level 90+ NM's resistant and just remove the resistance on the older stuff. Plus even if they remove it's resistances its not like RDM has much to throw at them now. They need to create new enfeebles that let us reduce the target stats (crit / STR / INT / attack / ect..). I'm not talking about effects that do similar things but something that actually puts the effect of "X / Y / Z down" on the target. Like what many mobs and NM's do to us.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Yeah but ...

and this is SE. For all we know they could be planning to make all level 90+ NM's resistant and just remove the resistance on the older stuff. Plus even if they remove it's resistances its not like RDM has much to throw at them now. They need to create new enfeebles that let us reduce the target stats (crit / STR / INT / attack / ect..). I'm not talking about effects that do similar things but something that actually puts the effect of "X / Y / Z down" on the target. Like what many mobs and NM's do to us.
    i'm aware of that Excerpt, I ignored it in hopes they just meant stuff like Elementals and Avatars remaining immune. I man, theres a good chance they're going to completely muck this up and do something dumb like just remove the resistance of all those NMs added around the ToAU era (You know, Those level 5~50 mobs that are immune to almost ever enfeeble?).

But Deep down i Hope they actually do something meaningful here.
    (5)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    i'm aware of that Excerpt, I ignored it in hopes they just meant stuff like Elementals and Avatars remaining immune. I man, theres a good chance they're going to completely muck this up and do something dumb like just remove the resistance of all those NMs added around the ToAU era (You know, Those level 5~50 mobs that are immune to almost ever enfeeble?).

But Deep down i Hope they actually do something meaningful here.
    I used to hope .. once ... long ago...
    (3)

Not like it'll matter much. By the time this is implemented I won't be around
    (3)

Player
    All I heard was "Notorious monsters will get to keep their immunities or dilute the effects to the point where enfeebles are completely trivial".
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You know whats funny? In a world where proc'ing cause mob's to be unable to act at all, enfeebling magic is still consider too powerful to let go un~checked. Give me a break!
    (13)

Character
    Halifax
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why is this change even being considered? I don't quite understand the issue that this change is attempting to solve...
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So basically anything that actually make one job somewhat useful and benefits the player to have a little bit of edge over the NM is considered game breaking.... What they have been smoking over there? It seems that their only idea is to make the NM has tons of HP and annoying AOE moves that kill everyone in range. No strategy here other than proc and temp items, and stun timing. They need to come up with a better alternative and if they decide to "tweak" existing content, which is a cheaper solution, just make the rewards better. Tons of older contents could use smaller boost and tweaking in terms of rewards given.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Basically at the end of the day SE don't know what Balance is themselves.
    (4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast