Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

More Populated/helpful server

I currently play on Lakshmi server and to be honest it sucks. 80% of Jeuno shouts are people trolling. Hard to get help on missions because at this point people are too lazy to quest or don't want to help others out unless they're getting paid. Lately I have solo'd a lot of my content and I am starting to hit a wall. I think I was very fortunate with my lb10 quest, because I seen some people shout for weeks before they finally got help. I recently return to the game and there is a lot of content I have no experience with and I think I need to try another server. I have tried to find a LS, but all I end up with are Soical linkshells with no socializing. I am looking for a server where LS are relevant and people are still helping people just to help.
    (0)

Player
    I'll tell you right now you don't want to be anywhere near Asura. Thats -1 to your search options.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinato View Post
    I'll tell you right now you don't want to be anywhere near Asura. Thats -1 to your search options.
    Shiva sucks as well.
    (2)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Player
    Don't go to Carbuncle either. Shouts are dead slow in jeuno. On the off chance that you do find someone whose willing to do something, they're probably gimp.

On a plus side, Cerberus is as alive as ever. Not sure about the gimp/friendly factor, but I've always liked it the best. Shouts are frequent and diverse in jeuno. I see a LB10 every two days or so, tons of abyssea + VW. Only downside is a RMT who shouts for abyssea leeches every few hours, and a guy named SpaceDragon.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Bismarck has lots of groups that are willing to take on new people just to go have fun.
    (3)

I am looking for a server where LS are relevant and people are still helping people just to help.
    You don't need a server swap, you need a time machine. Seriously though you need to get into a decent linkshell, people are far more willing to help people in their shells than random people. People need to kinda like you to want to help you these days.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Lakshmi has become rather stale lately. It's busy during JP time but they shun English speaking players. If you can't speak Japanese then don't even bother with them.
    Personally I blame it on the fact that there's almost nothing to do these days. Nyzule was a bomb and you can only do so many Voidwatch before your head explodes.
    (0)

Odin is pretty dead too. I don't ever see much going on unless you can read JP, and there really only appears to be 1 decent LS. I would suggest not coming to Odin. It's almost bad enough that I want to leave, but the thought of paying to jump 7 or 8 accounts keeps me here.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    None of these servers are dead; your just incapable of patience. Take the time to seek out better linkshells make better friends. If your current friends are nice but not willing to help then you have pretty crappy friends.

Saying a server is dead is just going to bring more server merges that aren't needed. You don't need a new server you're just going to end up going somewhere where you know no one and no one knows you which leads to no one helping you out and you complaining that you went to another dead server.

Make BETTER FRIENDS or learn to solo.
    (5)

2012 is pretty far into the era of self-reliance. Damn near everything can be solo'd or, at worst, dou'd.

Advice #1: If you can't solo something, improve yourself until you are able to.

Advice #2: If you want to make friends, do it for the right reasons. If you just want people to help with stuff, it'll become fairly obvious and no one will. If people offer to help? Cool. If they don't? No problem. Don't nag, don't guilt, don't pester.

Advice #3: Self-reliant people are far better at making friends. Everyone knows "Hey bro, can you lend me a fiver" Johnny. Whether he forgot his wallet at home, or doesn't get paid till Wednesday, Hey Bro Johnny is always asking for small favors and loans. No one likes Hey Bro Johnny. This same principle applies to FFXI. No one likes "Hey Bro, can you help me with this level 50 CoP NM that I am somehow incapable of solo'ing at level 99" Johnny.

Advice #4: Linkshells. Don't expect them to do work for you. Don't expect them to owe you anything for being a member. Don't expect anyone to give a damn about you just because you have a pearl. Life does not work that way. If you join a linkshell, join it because you enjoy the member's company and they enjoy yours. Your missions are your business, not the group's.

Advice #5: Never ask for help on something that you haven't already tried solo. In fact, never ask for help on things if you can avoid it. Weird advice, right? People like people who are willing to take the initiative and go solo something even if it's too hard. When you've died 3 or 4 times, and keep doing it anyways, people are more likely to offer their help on their own and feel good about it rather than feeling obligated or forced.

General Message: So long as your attitude is one where you feel that you need people's help, you will not get it. We don't like that attitude. People never grow out of it, no matter how powerful their character is or how long they've played - They always need "Help". Help your damn self.
    (17)

I will have my revenge!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast