Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Where is my elemental affinity pieces?

It would be great to get an ammo slot or other free slot that gives specific Elemental Affinity. Much like Atma of the Lion for Lightning, or Ice/Light with Beyond.

Inside Aby you have a way to buff both Nuke damage and Enspell damage, which works out nicely for RDM, since we don't get higher Tier Nukes. Outside of Aby, we just don't have the same customization at all.

Affinity really shines on RDM nuking because we are starting to get less and less returns on MAB because we are tied to Tier IV nukes for our base damage. All the Affinity Bonuses are currently on staves, which is fine for nuking, but does nothing practical for Enspell Damage. Enspell Damage Items are generally not attractive because they take up slots that would be, generally, better spent on something else.

I would like to see a line of Affinity Ammo Slots and Grips so both sides can appreciate a significant boost to their offense. Rings wouldn't be a bad place to put them either.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

BLM and SCH have the same issue, get some elemental obi's and learn how to use them properly. Granted additional options like the obis would be nice for all jobs that can nuke.

I would rather see Enspells boosted by MAB, as they are affected by MDB though (not saying new items with it wouldnt be nice, but we do have a solid earring and ring, and some decent swords with it). MAB should affect it, maybe not after the cast, but definitely on application, considering it is checked to MDB and Shell on application.

(and no this is not suggesting meleeing in MAB gear, it is acknowledging our MAB III trait being applied to something else. On mobs with no MDB reduction RDM would see a dmg increase, on mobs with it RDM would not see as much a decrease. Pretty decent balance. (similar effect would fall to anyone with an Enspell or Enspell II active.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Mageoholic; 02-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    See, I knew you were fine. Definitely brought this up earlier and MAB would be a pretty decent stat to boost Enspell Damage if it was on cast.

I really hope no one is advocating meleeing in MAB or Enhancing Skill gear. I would advocate meleeing in Elemental potency gear, so long as it was on an open slot because it directly effects enspell damage. I always cast in full FC and nuke in full MAB so obviously it would be included in the second set.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Anyone know if elemental damage + atmas affect enspells? Would be something nice to know if someone has tested it.
    (0)

they do not.
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Anyone know if elemental damage + atmas affect enspells? Would be something nice to know if someone has tested it.
    Last I tested they did not.

To MK, if we applied MAB to enspells then MDB would also apply to enspells, might end up doing less damage in certain case's.

The other day I found out that Enlight applies to all hits on a PLD, so yeah now they got 60+ endamage on each hit. Makes my 30 per hit seem kinda ... small.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enlight and endark start potent but decay... so while their 60+ start good, after the first hit it gets weaker and weaker per hit, and reapplying it is more of a chore than it is for us. How it is for drk, and most the time these days i just dont bother reapplying endark that often because it just doesnt help as much as id like!
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I would like to see a line of Affinity Ammo Slots and Grips so both sides can appreciate a significant boost to their offense. Rings wouldn't be a bad place to put them either.
    Grips? No thanks. I've been begging for Affinity Shields for some time however. There has to be a bigger benefit to equipping a freaking shield for non-Paladins considering how horrifically bad melee without DW is for one handers.

I don't see why Black Mages and Scholars should get more affinity gear at all until we have affinity shields, but regardless, I never want to see an affinity grip unless it is for all magic, we have enough inventory issues as is.

Back to the Affinity Shield idea though, I think it should be one shield or maybe two shields, ideally. If it was two shields, it would have half the elements (each shield would be for a Light or Darkness skillchain's elements). The affinity effect could be between 2~3 depending on if it was an HQ shield or not. Obviously, this would be weaker then the staves, but give a nice balanced option for jobs dabbling in magic. Even the staunchest anti-melee in the world couldn't say no to an all jobs shield that gave another tier of affinity to jobs stuck on the elemental staves, and at worst it would just be used for elemental WS.

-

On Red Mage's enspells... the could use improvement, but I think this goes onto the tier II enspells being such a mess and Endark and Enlight being pretty decent in comparison, among other factors.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As someone who apparently doesn't melee, it's funny how I know the elemental affinity atmas do affect enspells.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't really have anything to add here atm, just figured I'd add a line in for support to the cause. Recent lack of anything coming from the Dev's on RDM's woe's have left me scouring the forum for clue's or idea's towards the job's future.
    (1)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast