Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I know I shouldn't of hit show post but I had to see how you'd try to make this into an arguement.

What I posted, just for clarity.

+4 evasion = -4 accuracy = +2% evasion rate = -2% hit rate

Their all the exact same.

Talk about semantics .....
    Argument was where?

I posted a clarification, and a minor correction as you both incorrectly asserted that level correction had an affect on the Acc/Eva ratio.

I then made a practical observation about how the entire conversation was fairly irrelevant because accuracy auto-caps on everything in 2012.

But hoookay then.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Argument was where?

I posted a clarification, and a minor correction as you both incorrectly asserted that level correction had an affect on the Acc/Eva ratio.

I then made a practical observation about how the entire conversation was fairly irrelevant because accuracy auto-caps on everything in 2012.

But hoookay then.
    Actually ... LCF does play a role.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate

When the defender is higher level than the attacker, the attacker is imposed a 4 accuracy penalty for every 1 level difference

Example:

Lv75 character hitting Lv85 monster, where the lv75 character has the same amount of accuracy as Lv85 monster.

Level difference = 10
    Accuracy Penalty = 4 acc/level * 10 level = 40 accuracy
    Hit-rate = 75% + (-40) * 0.5% = 55%
    Hit Rate = 75% + (Accuracy - Evasion)*0.5% + (Attacker's Level - Defender's Level)*2%
    And just for you GG.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/777...tions-for-FFXi

(PlayerLevel-MonsterLevel)*4 is the level correction factor, it's simply included in the formula you used.

to clarify:

Level Correction is a penalty you take for fighting monsters above your level, approximately 4 evasion for every 1 level of difference(either way). In the case of Greater Colibri, they have a base evasion of 339, but they are 7 levels higher than you, so they gain the equivalent of 28 evasion to total 367 level corrected evasion. This means that you need 367 accuracy to attain a 75% Hit Rate on the monster. In order to find your actual hit rate, you take your accuracy, subtract the monster's level corrected evasion from it, divide it by 2, and then add it to the 75%.
    And if you took a few minutes to pull your head out of your fifth point of contact you'd notice that I already said,

This if your at 60% hit rate, and some lands Gravity II on the monster you now have 80% hit rate until it wears. Of course 60% hit rate .... yeah.
    Which indicated that if someone had such low accuracy that they would actually get the full +20% then there are bigger issues at play then the effectiveness of Gravity II.
    (1)
    Last edited by saevel; 02-28-2012 at 11:26 AM.

It's a difference in terms. Yes, dLvl affects hit rate. No, it doesn't change acc or eva. It's not an "Eva bonus", or "Acc penalty", just a penalty to total hit rate. Call it nitpicking, because it works out the same either way and only comprised a minor portion of the post.

Already posted the formula in post 1, bro.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

you two should just fuck and get it over with.

ZING!
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    you two should just fuck and get it over with.

ZING!
    I'm not sure that's legal in most states.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3