Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ideas to improve Neo Nyzul

This event is...well dead on my server. I'm pretty sure it's the same everywhere else, rather than complain more about it I thought it might be a good idea to make a post where players could suggest ideas for "fixing" it and boosting it's popularity.

Probably have to keep in mind that the rarity of the final floor drops needs to be kept as such because they don't want everyone to be able to get them (may not agree with this, but it appears to be how they want it now and I don't think they will budge from that).

To be really good at this event right now players have to abuse cheats (flee bots, tools to see through walls, tools to walk through walls) and that is just not right at all.

Things that put me off this event personally are:

Rewards being exact copies of old Nyzul gear (new armor designs would of been nice). This was one of the reasons VW was a partial success, sad to say but still it's the truth.

No save feature, at the very least I think there should be a save feature for the higher floors (if you get to 80, you should be able to save at 80, maybe make it a requirement that everyone has to have that 80 save to be able to enter there and not just 1 as it used to be).

Time limit is too low, maybe 45 mins if you enter from floor 1? 25-30 mins if you enter at an 80 save maybe?

Maybe the higher tier floor drops being nerfed somewhat and allowing them to be upgraded to what they are now via large numbers of tokens or Alexandrites (inc mythic upgraders raging), to keep them rare.

Ability to buy final stage upgrade items for relic/mythic/emps with large numbers of tokens (I know, I know but it's worth a shot).

More uses for tokens.

I have very limited knowledge of this event because I've more or less not bothered with it, I'm sure players that have done it more can offer better ideas.
    (3)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    nyzul is congested, they need to force an hour wait between runs
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    nyzul is congested, they need to force an hour wait between runs
    They already have the 1 ticket per day road block in effect but it's not enough.

What they really need to do is make it so that once you confirm entry, the run doesn't begin until one hour later.

That way you have to wait an hour before every run. No more free runs for those people that use their tickets every day. That will help stop all this crazy congestion.
    (6)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    They already have the 1 ticket per day road block in effect but it's not enough.

What they really need to do is make it so that once you confirm entry, the run doesn't begin until one hour later.

That way you have to wait an hour before every run. No more free runs for those people that use their tickets every day. That will help stop all this crazy congestion.
    i love it, hire this man S.E... NOW
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post

Best post all morning.

But really, they need to completely redesign the event or give you 45 minutes. Anything else just isn't going to cut it. It's not like the gear is so super amazing it needs to be super super rare to preserve balance. Some of it is slightly better then whats available, and most of it is useless sidegrades/inferior.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd vote for the 45 minute time limit. I have not tried this event yet, primarily because of the opinions on this forum. I wouldn't mind collecting the new gear sets as a side project, but I'd rather not get started on something that's gonna be a huge frustration.
    (1)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I thought it might be a good idea to make a post where players could suggest ideas
    This is the type of thread I like

One me and my friends were discussing, was - I've noticed when you exit a floor, your progress is saved to the runic disc, though this appears to have no use at the moment.

A nice touch would be, the next time you enter - your "climbing" up until that specific saved floor has a probability (RNG) of being faster (ie, greater floor leaps), limitations would be only allowed saving on multiples of 5 or 10, and if you fail to save, you lose any previous save, so for example:

On your first run of the night, you exit and save at floor 55, this is saved to the runic disc.

The second run of the night, you climb from 1-55 with a much higher chance of getting leaps of 7-9 floors (ie, 75% increased chance), once you reach 55 or surpass 55, it becomes completely random from 2-9 again.

Once you hit floor 100, or surpass it back to 1, this save resets.

It doesn't necessarily make it easier or a permanent boost, but it'll give you a better chance of hitting floor 100 at the cost of 2-3 tags.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The event promotes(requires) 3rd party tools and exploits.

Terrible design and no progression system.

Neo Nyzul was dead upon arrival.
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Might as well add the "get TE from boss" idea to this thread. Even a 5 minute TE from each boss would help out a bit but not make the event a pushover which seems to be their concern.
    (1)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Might as well add the "get TE from boss" idea to this thread. Even a 5 minute TE from each boss would help out a bit but not make the event a pushover which seems to be their concern.
    I think a "chance of 5 min TE from boss" would be a better proposal, they like RNG ;-)
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast