Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Salvage and Alexandrite

First of all, I do know there was a Salvage v2 coming, however this is some time away still. We all know the Alexandrite supply is really bad right now, and the reason for this is pretty obvious as well. People have most the Salvage gear they want and can't justify spending time in Salvage even when you average 100 Alexandrite per run and are lotting them all yourself. There are people who don't care about it at all as well, but I'm not talking about those at the moment.

One simple idea which would not take a long time or a lot of effort to implement would be to add a new NPC or to use an old NPC who will take 15/25/35 gears that are not wanted by the players doing Salvage and turn them into Alexandrite. I'm not talking about a 100% chance for the item to be turned into those, don't get me wrong. Make it say,
    - a 50% chance for a 15 piece to be turned into a single Alexandrite
    - a 50% chance for a 25 piece to be turned into a Cotton Pouch
    - a 50% chance for a 35 piece to be turned into a Linen Pouch

We all know Uncharted Nyzul will not influence the Alexandrite supply as much as we thought it would, and Salvage updates are quite a bit away. This would increase the Alexandrite supply while not flooding the market, because some people still would not bother doing Salvage, as the 35 drop rates are still rather low and you can't expect to get one every run you are doing. A 50% chance for a Linen on top of that, is not much.

It would get some people to start doing Salvage again, especially those who were not sure whether to start it back up or not lately. I'm one of them, but I did start already, so that's no arguement. It's simply an idea which could improve the reason why some people are playing, and on top of that give people something to work on(Mythic weapons) as Alexandrite supply increases. The numbers are just examples, final values could be differently(assuming it won't be a 1% chance at Pouches).
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This isn't a bad idea at all. It would be nice if there were more incentive to do ZR/BR as well.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You don't "average" 100 alexandrites a run, anyone claiming that clearly never tried. The best zone is SSR, and 100+ is only lucky runs seing as the only NMs that drops pouches are hammerblow/powderderk/GGII/CC and then boss plus all the gear found in between. A duo whm + mnk will clear all that np but seing as the boss is very low drop rate and puch will give 10 on average you are guarranted 40 alex only the rest being from random gear drop, nevermind the fact that the 4 NMs take 60 minutes to clear VS 100 minutes for "clearing" the zone.
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    You don't "average" 100 alexandrites a run, anyone claiming that clearly never tried.
    Area-----Gears---Cotton----Linen-------Total
    Bhaf------40-------0-------75-------115
    SS--------33-------63 / 4--65-------161
    Arra------11-------48 / 4--77-------136
    Bhaf------32-------0-------0 x-------32
    SS-------26-------51 / 4--78-------155
    Bhaf-----34-------30 / 2--57-------121
    SS-------42-------54 / 4---0 x-------96
    Bhaf-----22-------63 / 4---70-------155
    SS------52-------22 / 3---0 x-------74 <- tossed fourth by accident, like a boss
    Bhaf-----39-------0-------0 x-------39
    Bhaf-----36-------0------- 71-------107
    Bhaf-----39-------0-------0 x-------39
    Bhaf-----28-----12 / 2---0 x-------40

umad? u butthurt? Unlike you, I back up my statements.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes bro, you 've never tried (seriously). As soon as I remove the boss drop from your chart you are averaging ~30 on normal gear, 40 on pouch, so 70 total for a 100 minutes run. Linen is 1/5 drop rate with 50 on average, that's +10 on average so you average 80 per run IF you clear the zone which seem to be quite retarded as far a time/alex goes. The best time/alex ratio is hammerblow>GGII exit for 25 coins in 30 minutes. I'm not quite sure yet why alexandrite are still only 13k per, they should be closer 20k+ per ><.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 02-20-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    ITT: Linen pouches dont count to tally, and 50% drop rate is "very low"
    (4)
    Last edited by Nynja; 02-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's funny that you are only doing salvage now that we are 99, but no, linen pouches are not 50% droprate, they basically never drop. There is a reason alex are not farmable even now with the 6 entry requirement. For instance killing the powderdek room for 7 alex out of a pouch doesn't seem good for time/alex and generally speaking farming alex is a waste. Enjoy your 50 alex runs cause you will get a lot of that.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 02-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I got bored of competing w/ bsts in dyna...
    are you, of all people, accusing me of faking my posted numbers? fkn lol
    (2)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I avg ~100 alex a day. Avg linen isn't 50, avg is more like 80. They drop maybe 20-25%.
    Also you only need 3 to enter.
    It takes me around 10 minutes to kill to and clear the 7 powerdeck room. 5-20 is 12 avg per pouch not 7.
    Clearing powderdeck, hammerblow, all 3 gear rooms and GGII takes me roughly 1 hour.
    Clearing turtle and boss tacks on approx another 20 min.
    This is from 3 boxing. With real people who can pass and lot faster, it will go quicker.

So maybe it is you who has never tried. I don't avg 100 per run, but add in the linen that drops after 4-5 runs and I do.
    PS I do salv every day, should finish in 4 months or so, if I manage to find 100 alex a day for sale.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The best time/alex ratio is hammerblow>GGII exit for 25 coins in 30 minutes.
    So you're going to enter the area, then exit before finishing? SMARTTT

A duo whm + mnk will clear all that np
    Fight things without TH, complain about drop rates.
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast