Character
    Cleavenseagal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 21

Returning player with some questions. New to everything since 75 cap

My wife and I are returning and looking into playing as a duo like we always have. She is interested in Dnc and Thf.

So I am looking at Dnc/thf or Thf/dnc for her most of the time... and I could honestly see her never wanting to play anything but thf and dnc if given the option. Will this work for leveling and doing missions and stuff like that providing he isn't tanking or isn't tanking much?

I have always been a Nin or Pld. Taken Pld to 50 twice, Nin to 45 once and 75 once. I kind of want to get away from Nin just to save some gil but I am Ok with it. I am interested in Nin, Mnk, and Sam mostly. I would rank them as Mnk > Nin > Sam.

So that being said can a Dnc/thf or thf/dnc duo with a Mnk and what sub for the mnk? I am assuming /dnc is the only option but I thought /nin or /war may be something I would use.

How would a Nin duo with those two? Would I need to sub Dnc as well or stick with War for the extra damage? Same questions for Sam.

EDIT: Drg, Drk and Bst are also of interest to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rochetm; 02-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    BST is a great soloer and can finish almost every mission easily.

DNC should also have little problems, unless we're talking about higher level WotG missions. Everything else should hardly be an issue. The sub choice for those particular things (leveling and missions) doesn't matter as much as you'd think, although you will notice a decrease of efficiency. I would sub /DNC or /NIN for your MNK.

However, don't expect to get much outside of missions and leveling done with those job combinations. Most events will require different setups (and larger setups, for that matter) than just a MNK and DNC duo. DNC will do fairly well on a number of higher tier NMs, but many will still be out of your reach. I guess it depends on how you want to play, for some casual content you should do quite ok on those jobs.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Cleavenseagal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 21
    We really don't have any plans of doing anything special. We have some spare time but not that much and that is why I am trying to plan ahead. Don't want to get way into the game and then find out we need to start over for the types of things we like to do.

We like farming, NM hunting, exploring, doing quests and missions... stuff like that.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Regarding missions, there are several among all the quest lines which are pretty easy on you, but require you to keep an NPC alive. It'll be tough doing that without a dedicated healer. I don't know that you would be able to do any of the burning circle fights in A Crystalline Prophecy, A Shantotto Ascension, or A Moogle Kupo Detat with just that duo. And some of the WOTG fights would probably be tough too (I'm thinking particularly the WOTG missions Distorter of Time, Darkness Descends, and Maiden of the Dusk).

You could probably get through all the other missions okay, except for the 9-2 mission for each nation.

I strongly recommend that one of you level WHM for this. It's easy to level and the gear isn't too terribly expensive. The scrolls aren't bad either, except I think Raise III, but you can get by fine without Raise III.
    (0)