Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1087] Araise = Arise. Community feedback compiled within.

This translation immediately bothered me, and I considered posting a thread about it, but I didn't. Now though, I see that many people dislike the name "Araise." Most of the English Final Fantasy games in the last decade translate this spell to "Arise." The few that don't do that call the spell "Full-Life."

Some feedback:
    SpankWustler:
    I know why the spell has a grammatically odd name now. None of the Development Bros on FFXI have gotten a raise for the past five years. They want us to know how it feels.

Kalilla:
    Camate, if you could, could you ask them why it is called Araise instead of Arise? It seems much more appropriate calling it Arise, even in previous (and future) Final Fantasy games the spell was simply called Arise. Araise just sounds like A Raise :x...

Daniel_Hatcher:
    It may end up as Arise, could just be poor translation.... again!

Kysaiana:
    In before Araise (arise?) drops off floor 100 nyzul 2.0 at a low rate.

Kalilla:
    I say we all call it Arise regardless if SE changes it or not (I'm not sure why they wouldn't...).

Arcon:
    I thought it was Arise when I first read it and already told my LS it was. I'm just gonna call it that regardless, Araise sounds dull.

Creelo:
    I do find it strange though because Arise (Araise just sounds stupid x.x) was found among other dats that seemed to hold a new Dnc samba and Tier III March...

Merton9999:
    Also, I agree it should be called Arise. Araise sounds terrible, like I'm bestowing a salary increase on my dead party member. Change Kaustra back to Merton while you're at it.
    (3)

Hi Edyth,

Thank you for compiling this feedback.
    What happened here was simply a case of a temporary development name slipping through on the test server.

All of the opinions you quote are right on target, of course, and you (and the rest of the community) can rest assured that the spell will be renamed for the official release.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes!
    (3)

Sorry that this is taking the topic kinda off track, but why aren't the Dev Team members posts added to the Dev Tracker? I'm talking about Susuthamnes's post above mine, and I would of never found this information if someone didn't link me to it.

Please consider adding their posts to the Dev Tracker, since they are a apart of the development team after all. The information above was very important and the Community Reps failed to communicate and bring this information to light for us. If they were added to the Dev Tracker before it would of saved a lot of confusion as to why the Community Reps were not responding to our requests about this, because it was already answered and we had no way of knowing!

Please consider it, it would make things much easier for users to find information if they were apart of the Dev Tracker. Thank you!
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Sorry that this is taking the topic kinda off track, but why aren't the Dev Team members posts added to the Dev Tracker? I'm talking about Susuthamnes's post above mine, and I would of never found this information if someone didn't link me to it.

Please consider adding their posts to the Dev Tracker, since they are a apart of the development team after all. The information above was very important and the Community Reps failed to communicate and bring this information to light for us. If they were added to the Dev Tracker before it would of saved a lot of confusion as to why the Community Reps were not responding to our requests about this, because it was already answered and we had no way of knowing!

Please consider it, it would make things much easier for users to find information if they were apart of the Dev Tracker. Thank you!
    Look at the localization forum: almost every thread has a developer post. Our localization team is beautiful, and they'd flood the dev tracker with their fast, faithful resposes.
    (0)